~3~

"Trap." Leo said and stepped over the obvious rope trap in the lab. Bree was sitting in an office chair but I couldn't see Chase.

"Saw it." I said and stepped over it as I met Leo at the island counter. We watched as Adam stepped in the rope and paused.

"Trap what?" He asked as I spotted Chase behind him. Chase pressed a button on a remote, sending Adam into the air, tied up by his foot.

"Yes! It worked! Now let's see how you like being relentlessly man handled." Chase said to Adam, making the rest of us look at him. I rose my eyebrows and looked at him around adams hanging body. "That came out wrong."

"Oh, the trap was on the floor." Adam laughed.

"How much more brain damage will he get if we leave him up there any longer?" I asked Chase, a little concerned for Adam and the blood rushing to his head. Chase shrugged.

"Well, I hope he can last a few hours cause now we're gonna play a game called 'human piñata.' But instead of candy, we're gonna guess what Adam had for lunch." Chase told Adam.

"Ironically, I'm guessing it's candy." Leo said from beside me with his arms crossed.

"You're forgetting one thing, Chase. I can use my heat vision to break free." Adam protested smugly. He grabbed the counter next to him and started to aim for the rope.

"I wouldn't-" I was cutoff when Adam fell on the counter and then onto the floor with a thud.

"Ha!" He said when he stood up. His left arm was around his shoulders, dislocated. "Nice try!"

"Uh, Adam?" Bree said with her eyes wide while she got up rom her place on the office chair. I slowly walked over to Bree and Chase, Leo just behind me. I gestured at adams shoulder.

"Whoa. I never knew my arm could bend like that." Adam said after he looked at his hand on the opposite side of his body.

"Um... it can't." Chase said cautiously. Adam stared at Chase in shock for a moment before screaming. I heard a thud next to me and when I looked over, Leo as on the floor. I crouched over him and slapped him.

"Leo fainted." I confirmed to Bree and Chase who just stood there while their brother screamed his big, dumb head off.

***

"You're lucky it's just a dislocation." Davenport said as he looked over some medical stuff on a hologram in front of him. Adam stood beside him with his arm in a sling. "How many times have I told you guys not to goof around?" He asked, using his dad voice. I stood next to Leo and Bree on the opposite side of the island counter.

"Brace yourself, because this is probably gonna shatter your world, but they don't listen to a word you say." Bree said with a smile on her face.

"Look, I know this was a freak accident, but he could have seriously been hurt. What if he'd have landed on his head?" Davenport asked as he walked over to Chase who was sitting in an office chair on their side of the counter.

"Uh, it would've popped open, spraying confetti everywhere?" Chase guessed, raising his eyebrows at Davenport.

"oh! That would be awesome!" Adam gasped.

"You know what I mean." Davenport said flatly before walking away from Chase. Chase's smile vanished and he followed Davenport. Adam then followed Chase.

"But mr. Davenport, I wasn't trying to hurt him, I was trying to get even." Chase defended. "Adam is always punching me and throwing me around." He added.

"Yea, but when I do it, it's funny." Adam pointed out smugly. Davenport scoffed.

"Adam, it's not funny." Davenport scolded. "If any of you get seriously hurt when I'm not around, all it takes is one X-ray of your bionic chip, and you know what happens next." He continued as he started to walk backwards out of the lab.