~1~

The sound of the car pulling into the driveway and the car rocking slightly, made my head hit the window, and woke me from my nap. Slowly, I rose my head up off of my arm that rested on the window sill of the nicest car I had ever seen. I glanced over at Leo who seemed to be wide awake, eyes wide with excitement as the car was put into park. Looking away from Leo and looking up at our new house, my jaw almost dropped. Mr. Davenport lived in a mansion. I mean Leo and I were expecting it to be huge but not this huge. Sitting up straight, I leaned over to Leo who looked like he might jump out of the car at any given moment.

"Holy shit! I knew he was rich but wow."  I whispered to him and he opened his mouth to reply but before he could Tasha twisted around to talk to us from the passenger seat.

"We're here!" I just smiled at her, too star struck to form any words.  Leo and I unbuckled our seat belts and followed behind Tasha and Mr. Davenport after getting all our luggage from the trunk.

Mr. Davenport then threw Tasha into his arms and swung open the door. "Welcome to your new home, Mrs. Davenport!" He shouted while spinning them both around what seemed to be the living room.

"I'm going to barf." Leo whispered and I laughed quietly.

"Why thank you, Mr. Davenport." Tasha replied wile putting her hand on Mr. Davenports chest.

"Absolutely, Mrs. Davenport." Mr. Davenport said in a deeper voice, making both me and Leo cringe in unison.

"We get it! You got married! It's getting old." Leo exclaimed suddenly before dropping his bags to the ground, prompting me to drop mine as well. Looking around the living room, the disgust completely left my body. The nice grayish white couch sat in the middle of the living room with an oddly comfy looking red chair next to it. Past the living room was the kitchen that also had a red scheme to it, covering the cabinets in the crimson color. The island looked beautiful with red bar stools sitting underneath it. I could get used to this.

"Wow!" Leo and I both said at the same time. I looked over at him and noticed that we both had been gawking at the beautiful house we were now supposed to call home.  "You got this big house just for inventing things?" Leo asked, genuinely curious.

"Mm-Hmm." Davenport nodded.

"Nice work Tasha." I told her before returning my gaze toward Leo.

"That's a husband." Leo nodded in agreement and pointed toward Mr. Davenport. Tasha and Mr. Davenport started to cozy up next to eachoher again and I shot a look toward Leo and we both walked toward a weird lamp looking thing.

"What is this?" I asked Mr. Davenport while reaching my hand out to touch it, hoping my distraction would work.

"Oh! Oh," Mr. Davenport smacked my hand away before continuing. "That's my latest creation. Davenport industries first completely interactive 3-D TV." He said very proudly while waving his hands around it. The lamp thing beeped quietly before generating a small, virtual baseball field in the living room. Leo and I looked at each other in shock.

Baseball music went off as a baseball gets throw into the crowd and Leo walked backward to try to catch it, ending up jumping and hitting the wall behind him. I laughed at him and he sent me a glare that wouldn't even scare a deer.  My eyes widened as an emoticon formed on a small black screen behind him.

"Watch the face, termite!" The wall yelled at Leo.

"Mom, I think the little voice in my head is back." I laughed at Leo again but did a better job at hiding it.

"I don't think it ever left, Leo."  I told him before pointing to the screen behind him.

"No, this is Eddie. My smart home system." Mr. Davenport hooked his thumb and pointed to Eddie with it before pointing to Leo with his pointer finger. "Eddie, this is my new stepson Leo and his friend Anastasia. Remember I told you they were moving in today?"