THIRTY- ONE

Xavier

The hold Grace Hadley over me was intense. It was the feeling I never wanted to feel, to be completely controlled by someone.

The sound of her screams when I branded my initial onto her ass yesterday. It was a sound I would never forget, I never wanted to harm her. I didn't want her to go through any pain, but the idea of my initial being on her forever it turned me on in a way I had never been before.

I had set Grace up with my doctor, I had to ensure she didn't get infected. That she was safe and this would heal. I had to protect her from the pain she would be in.

I wanted her. I needed her forever.

"You look like shit" I giggle as I see Marcus walking back into my office. It had been months since I had seen his face, I embrace him in a hug.

It felt good that he was back here. That he was with us once again. I knew Rosa would be his first choice to see, I knew he was in love with her.

Before Grace I never understood love, I never understood why he would risk his life. Risk everything for one women. Personally I would never risk my life for Rosa, I knew that women she was evil most the time. But she was my sister, I loved her really.

"I've been the one kidnapped and yet you're the one that's changed" Marcus shoots back to me with a laugh.

We take a seat on the couch in my office, the opening of the hotel was coming up this weekend. I was very excited to take Grace and show her what we had accomplished. But this weekend would be very different for many reasons.

"Rosa told me you've gone soft" He chuckles, of course Rosa had. Shes such a nosy bitch "Tell me X, who is she?"

I take a deep breath, I had never described Grace to anyone. But Marcus had met her before, he was around in the first few meetings. He had seen her, he had looked at her. All the men did, they all wanted apart of her. I didn't blame them at all.

She was beautiful.

"Grace" I breath out.

"The barmaid?" He questions me, there was a glow to his face. He looked almost proud of me for being with her. I nod to his question, I didn't need to speak. My face said it all. "Wow, I never expected you to fall in love"

"Well, I've never met anyone like Grace" I gush over her.

The feelings I had towards Grace, they were undeniable. I knew no matter what I would do she would never leave my mind, you could put me in a coma and all my dreams would still be of her. You could take my vision and all I would see is her face, I could lose my hearing and I would still hear her soft voice and moans.

It was branded in my mind. Just like my name was on her body.

Every thought that ran through my brain, they were all connected to her. She was my forever, it took me awhile to realise. But now I had her, she was mine. I wouldn't let her go, I couldn't let her go.

"You look in love"

"I am"

I don't deny, I can't deny.

Why would I deny the greatest women to ever walk into my life?

I was hers. She was mine.

"Don't be doing anything stupid now" He chuckles, my face stayed stern. I already knew what I was going to do would seem stupid to everyone else. It would seem like a dumb risk to take.

No risk was too much for Grace. She deserved every risk I could possibly take, she was my future.

"Oh god, I don't like that face"

"I'm thinking of stepping down" I spit out, I watch the look of shock take over his body. He wasn't even sure what to say, where too look. He just stared blankly at me, unsure what to reply to such a statement.

"Y-you what?" He stutters out "X, this isn't a good idea. You've hardly known her for half a year, this is way too risky"

I heard him, I understood what he was saying. It was all good points, but I was stubborn and I wanted Grace. Nothing would change that in my mind.

"X, you have achieved so much. This business it's never been better. Even the Russos have asked for peace" He states throwing his arms around in anger. "You run New York!"

"I don't want too anymore"

If you listen carefully enough, you'll hear my father rolling in his grave.

I had worked so hard for everything, but I had the billions. I had the money, I had the success. I knew I could do it all, so why would I not give it all up?

I know I can get it all again, this was my world. I ran everything.

I wanted Grace, I needed her and I had to keep her safe. The second kids were mentioned I knew this was the one, I knew she was my forever. But I also knew that I couldn't let my children grow up in the same world I did. I refused to risk being like my father, I would never hurt my children.

I didn't want them to wield guns, to fight for their lives every day. All for what?

I had the money, that wasn't going anywhere at all. I had the money, I was smart enough to move it into an untraceable account. If anything ever happened to me, the money couldn't be seized. I could support Grace from wherever I was, she would be safe.

"You're insane, what are you planning on doing?"

"I will keep my duties, I will stay here until the new hotel is in full operation"

"That's less than a month away!" Marcus snaps to me. "You can't be serious, where will you go?"

"Greece" I smile

I watch Marcus, he was furious. I could see the anger and confusion across his face. He didn't understand me, he didn't get it at all. He couldn't understand why I would want to do this. I didn't blame him, I didn't understand anything until I met Grace.

"You're crazy" He scoffs, he now stands over me as I stay sat.

"I'm going to ask her to marry me, she deserves to be safe. This world isn't safe for her"

"Then she shouldn't be in it! You need to be here this is all because of you!"

He states motioning to all properties around me, everything I had built. I had made all of this, I gave everyone everything. But now I needed Grace. I needed to protect her, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.

"Marcus" I sigh, I knew that he wouldn't understand. I knew he would never get what I wanted. "I am in love with her and I want to marry her" Marcus didn't want to speak, he didn't want to argue with me. It was pointless, plus he knew if I got riled enough I would harm him.

"Fine but who will take over?" He asks me.

"Luca"

"You've got to be kidding me"