TWENTY-FOUR

Grace

Furious didn't even begin to cover it. I had no idea what had just happened. I stared blankly down at the phone, the screen still open looking at the ended call.

Xavier was a jerk. I had never seen this side of him. But it was ugly. This was the man everyone thought Xavier was, he was selfish. He had shown his true self, he had known that his words were unkind and were not usually spoken between us both.

Not only had be spoken to me like a random whore, but he had uninvited me from the party he had been so excited about for months. He had spoke about flaunting me to his entire family, I was suppose to meet his mother tonight. I had wound myself up thinking about it, there was no way I would let him embarrass me like this. I wasn't the women he thought, I wasn't even the women I thought I was anymore.

Allie had died. Grace was the one in charge now and she wasn't here to play games, especially with Xavier Cavalini.

I slide off my bed, as I paced around the bedroom thinking of something, anything I can do to get back at him. The only thing that struck me was the fact I had to go, even though I was no longer invited. My presence would light a fire inside of him, one that wouldn't be put out easily.

The only way to defuse that fire would be with ice. If he was the fire, I was the ice and I would show him who would truly win.

Who truly had control.

I pick my phone up, I scroll through my small contacts list. I look down at Lucas name, Xavier had given me his number for emergencies. This seemed like an emergency to me. I begin to dial his number, I listen the phone ring a couple of times before I hear the unmistakable sound of Lucas confused voice.

"Grace?" He questions.

"Hey!" I say, everything had to seem normal for this to work. "I was just calling to make sure you're still okay for 7?"

I could hear the confusion now, he had no idea what I was talking about. That was mainly because it was all a lie, there were no plans for him to collect me at anytime. But he was scared of Xavier, I had to use that to my advantage.

"7? Wha-what's happening?" He asks with fear in his voice.

"Oh you forgot" I sigh "Xavier said you would forget"

Undermining him, it was the easiest way to get what I want. I needed an escort tonight, there was no other way to get in. I had to show my face tonight, I had to have Xavier right where I wanted him.

"No no!" He snaps "I didn't forget, but can you just tell me again?"

I smirk, I had everything right where I wanted.

"Xavier said you would escort me tonight, that it was a protection thing. He said you would collect me at 7"

"Of course, I will see you at 7"

I could hear the panic in his voice, he now would sit there for the next few hours scared that Xavier may find out about his forgetfulness.

"I won't tell Xavier, don't worry Luca you're safe"

"Thank you Grace" I feel a sigh of relief through the phone.

No thank you Luca. He had no idea what he was doing, I felt bad for including him. But when it came to Xavier, I had to win. I was sure of it.

~

It was nearly 7, I had dressed in the outfit chosen by Xavier. It was a long floor length black gown, it was basic but hugged my body just right. All my insecurities melted away in this outfit. My dark hair was curled and reaching my mid back, I have never put so much effort into my appearance before. But here I was, I had taken two hours to do my make up.