A Fathers Love

A thousand years ago

Despite everything she was my daughter

Despite everything she was my daughter. Her mothers looks, my hair but she was all me. I could see clearly how she acts and behaves. Smiling the eight year old skips around the village wearing the flower crown I made her. It took a few goes and with the help of Valkyrja but it turned out perfect, she loved it so that's all that matters.

"Papa papa"she said running and jumping into my arms. "Look" she showed me her hand which had electricity buzzing around it. "And I can do this" she lit a bit on the ground on fire. Erik immediately throws water on fire "it's cool isn't it we don't do it outside of home though" "papa can do it" I nod "I may not be as good as you though" I couldn't explain to my eight year old how I have a curse on me that impedes my magic and she could very well to have a similar curse. She just giggles holding me tightly.

I held her in my arms twirling around by the fire. The people were playing the usual music. She was giggling and laughing. I put her on the ground twirling her around as fast as I can. Her laugh filling my hears instantly making me laugh we weren't exactly dancing anymore. It was definitely more of me doing anything and everything to make her laugh. Her laugh making me laugh. It felt human.

I had left Lilith with the village kids. All the mothers fawned over her knowing she didn't have a mother believing she needed one, they are wrong. "Papa papa can we pick flowers Ake is picking flowers with his mummy" traditionally girls and and boys below the age of seven/eight would do 'woman' activities. "Of course we can...we can even find the good flowers and things to turn into paint for you" she smiles grabbing my hand waiting hand. Screw tradition I'd do anything to make her smile or laugh. I love her laugh it's my favourite sound. "Ohh look at these pink ones" I said holding the bright pink flowers" "what about these white ones" "i like the pink ones better" i muse "papa is it bad I don't have a mumma" "now why would you ask that" I said as I pick a few berries from the bush passing her some which she instantly eats "Ake said that I need a mumma to teach me how to be a lady just like how he needs a papa like you" "well I think your friend Ake is wrong" "he learnt it from his mumma though" I hum "he probably did but I'll tell you something you are going to be better than Ake your going to know everything you want to whether that he be something lady like or something super manly that I can teach it you know what else you have" she shakes her head confused "you have a valkyrja a Ivar an Erik not many people have that they only have a mumma and papa and maybe a few siblings your the only one that has all of them" "no one has a valkyrja" I shake my head "papa can we race I think I'm fastest this time" "ohh I don't know" she giggles running off through the field of flowers determined to beat me. I vamp sped so I was right behind her before I just jog. "Oh man I think you might beat me" her laugh was euphoric for me.

"I beat papa ivar I beat papa" she said running and jumping into ivars arms "did you now I thought that was impossible" Ivar mused holding her "I did it his slow" i playfully scoff tickling her side making her squeal and shift away from me.