𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 - 𝐒𝐢𝐱 | 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬? 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬?

𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬?

| 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐀 |
𝟽:𝟶𝟶𝙰𝙼

𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟸𝙽𝙳
𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶

Standing beside my baby while, staring at her sleeping in the plastic incubator. Tears stained my cheeks as I looked at her tiny body, I did this to her. I feel horrible.
"Jackie?" I turned around to see Philly and Felix, "What'd we have?"

"A babygirl." I responded before turning around to continue to look at her, "What's her name?"

"Destiny Meraki Brown." I tell them both, "You gave her my last name?" I nodded my head yes, "She's yours after all."

Two days ago I got rushed to the hospital, for early labor. I was only 34 weeks, well more so just hit my 34 weeks.
My parents rushed me to the hospital that's when I had an emergency c section, afterwards they brought her up to the NICU for further evaluation.

I called Philly afterwards or my mom did, I don't really remember. But when I realized what happened, is when I felt everything.

Immediate guilt and worry hit my body as I seen her small body, hooked up to all those tubes and wires.

I'm waiting for the nurses to come back, to tell me her testing results.
"I can't fucking believe you, Jackie." Philly spat as he looked at Destiny. "Please, don't start. Not here at least." Felix chimed in, as our parents approached us.

Philly looked at them and scoffed before walking away, as did Felix. "You okay?" My mom asks me, I shake my head no. "Not even in the slightest."

A couple minutes later, a nurse enters the room. Alongside her was a woman with a badge and a clipboard. "Wh-who's this?"

"She's with CPS." My heart sank, I was shook. "Why? What's wrong?" They looked at each other before looking at me.

"Destiny's test came back positive for, NAS?" The nurse tells us, I was confused. "What does that mean?"

"She has Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, which basically means she was born with drugs in her system. Now that she's no longer in the womb, she'll go through withdrawal."

"She what?" We turned around to see Philly and Felix, holding foods and drinks. "Who may you be?" CPS asks Philly, "Philly, I'm Destiny's father. And this is Felix, she's Destiny's aunt."