24. Maya(3rd Person's POV)

Maya was motionless for a time, his words echoing in the quiet room. The rain continued to tap against the windowpane, as if it were holding its breath. She had a variety of emotions, including surprise, joy, and uncertainty.

"Aaryan," she managed to murmur last, her voice barely above a whisper. "You're drunk right now, and people say things they might not mean when they're in this state."

Despite the blur of drink, Aaryan pulled himself up on his elbows, his stare focused. "Maya, just because I'm drunk doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth. I've had feelings for you for a long time and couldn't let you go without telling you."

Maya's heart was racing. Aaryan's confession was exactly what she needed to hear, but the timing was wrong. She walked up to the bed and sat next to him. "I can't deny that there's something between us, Aaryan. But we're in a difficult situation, and I'll be leaving for Hyderabad in a day."

Aaryan stretched out and took her hand, sending shivers up and down her spine. "I understand it's complicated, Maya. And I don't expect you to take any decisions right now. All I ask is that you think about what I've said."

Maya stared him in the eyes, looking for honesty. Despite the drinking, his eyes revealed a warmth that was difficult to ignore. "Aaryan, we have certain difficulties ahead of us. My family... they won't take it well."

Aaryan tightened his grip on her hand. "I'm willing to face those challenges together with you, Maya. I'm not looking for an immediate commitment, but I'd like for you to know my feelings."

Maya's eyes welled up with tears as she battled to control her emotions. "I need some time to think, Aaryan. I need to go through my emotions and decide what's best for both of us."

Aaryan nodded, his face filled with patience and understanding. "Take as much time as you need, Maya. All I needed was for you to know the truth before you left."

Maya leaned in and gently put her lips on his brow. "I value you being honest with me, especially in this state. You must now relax. We could talk about it more tomorrow."

Aaryan sighed and sat back down on the bed, his eyelids heavy with exhaustion. "Stay with me," he muttered quietly.

Maya paused for a beat before nodding. She sat next to him, putting the blanket over them both. Maya felt Aaryan's presence against her as the rain continued to create a peaceful ambiance. It was a vulnerable time—two people voicing their dreams and worries under the same roof.

Maya's mind raced with ideas and emotions as sleep finally claimed Aaryan. She knew the road ahead would be difficult, and the decisions she had to make would mould her destiny. But, for the time being, she allowed herself to believe in the possibilities of love and the power of connection during the serenity of the night.

Maya closed her eyes and let the rhythmic sound of rainfall soothe her into a restless sleep as the promise of a new chapter loomed on the horizon.

---

*WordCount 517*

---