13. Aaryan

"Maya, wait."

She turned her attention back to me. I contemplated whether to tell her or not for a moment but decided against it.

"Nothing" I said and I turned my attention back to my car and rolled the window up, ready to leave.

My thoughts. Wild.

I've never been like this. I was always taught patience.

I would have never in a million years thought I'd react the way I did when I picked her up. My initial plan was simple. I'd complete my meeting and on the way meet Maya and Mrs. Aileen. I'd discuss everything with them in Mrs. Aileen's office and leave once I get the clearance. But when I arrived there, I saw that guy standing with her, inviting her into his passenger seat. I did not want them together. Seeing his face, his expression, I can almost tell what's going on in his mind. I did not like that. I know it's wrong, I shouldn't have done that, I shouldn't have taken her with me to my office. All I wanted at the moment was to take her far away from him. Maybe Maya was actually interested in that bloke. It was none of my business what they both intended to do, but in that moment I hated it.

Maybe I'd have done the same if it was another woman.

Maybe not.

I don't want to think Maya is any different from a normal woman in my life, because she's not. She's still a stranger.

Ugh, I'm overthinking.Certainly, but she's messing with me, or rather my mind is messing with my heart, as if she were a damn monster.

It would have been impossible for me to tell her all this. Maybe she'd have understood or misunderstood.

The situation would have gone down so quick, but I won't meet her after this month, obviously. Why does it matter what she thinks of this situation? She came into my life as a stranger and will leave by the end of this month as one. What is the need to think of her constantly and confuse myself?

It is certain that there will never be anything between us even if I want something to be. Even if I give in to these feelings and try to make it work it won't. I know we are different. Harmones don't understand the situation. They are always very complicated. Just because you feel you can't take impulsive decisions. There is no way I can let history repeat itself. Every time it happens, it happens again and again. Anywhere, to whomever, it always starts the same and ends the same. No matter how true and pure you are, it always fucks you up in the end. Knowing when to let your heart control you and when to leave the task to your mind is very significant.

---

So I kind of let Aaryan open himself.

He surely has some conflicting thoughts.

And that's why I like him.

---

*Wordcount 486*

---