21. Aaryan

Currently, I am taking Maya to her home. The entire journey was spent in silence. It wasn't uncomfortable, either. We arrived at her home quickly. I stalled, just like the beautiful night did. Although I know she won't, I wanted to ask her to stay a little while longer. As she was about to exit the vehicle after removing her seatbelt, she abruptly came to a stop.

"I had to give it to you. I almost missed it."

She began looking through her bags until she found a box. She gave me the box right away.

"Adya gave it to me to give it to you." She said.

"Who?"

"One of my students from kindergarten."

When I opened the box, I discovered a tiny paper flower. I looked over at the flower. Although it wasn't the most flawless flower I've ever seen, the color combinations made it look pretty. There were visible glue prints.

"Mr. Aaryan, you are a charmer. Adya adores you. She is a very naughty child. She always gets on my nerves. Just recently, we had a small art session. I instructed them to make flowers and present them to the people they liked. For Adya to be a good girl, I made one for myself and gave it to her. Adya then gave me hers and asked me to give it to you."

I kept my attention on the flower while listening to her talk. After the explanation, she immediately began to exit the vehicle.

I grabbed her hand, and she was in my seat again. I leaned over to her and placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"That's my gift to Adya." I said that and placed another kiss on her cheek. "That's my way of saying thanks for your trust."

I let go of her hand as I reclined in my chair. She appeared baffled by what I did. I hope she finds a clue.

She simply got out of the car and waved good-bye.

She stood there as I started my car. I wave her off and get going while watching her in my rearview mirror.

This could be our final exchange.

---

Just 360 words I know very bad but I didn't have anything else to write.

---