17. Aaryan

I quickly left the house in whatever I was wearing, not even bothering to close my door properly. I accelerated through the streets. It was only a short distance from my place to hers. I was standing at the front door, which was unlocked. I entered her home. I didn't see anyone. I went inside her room and still couldn't find her. I noticed her clothes lying outside her bathroom and assumed she was in there. I opened the door, which was thankfully not latched.

When I opened the door, I was met with one of the most heartbreaking images. I noticed her crying in the corner. She was completely wet. I noticed she had her phone by her side and a blade in her hand.

Was she considering-

She wanted to die.

My rage grew at the thought, and the prospect of her not being present the next moment made my heart race.

I didn't waste any time and kneeled in front of her, hugging her. She sobbed into me, and the water from her body soaked my shirt. I hugged her even tighter. I didn't want to abandon her. I gently rocked her body to comfort her. She couldn't stop sobbing. I was at a loss for what to do.

She fell asleep in my arms after a few minutes. I gathered a few towels and spread them out. I picked her up and placed her on the stack of cotton towels. I dried her hair after allowing the towels to absorb the water.

Her body was cold. I had no idea what to do.

Just then, the front door opened, and a lady in formals entered, perplexed as to why I was in her living room.

She went to check on Maya after I explained the situation.

I just sat on the couch, thinking about everything that had happened.

I never imagined seeing someone like Maya in this light. It hurt to see her in such a state.

I can't afford to lose her. I want her. She needs me. I can't let this happen to her again. As I sat there, a surge of determination washed over me. I vowed to do whatever it took to help Maya recover and protect her from any harm. 

---

Ok Short chapter.

---

*Wordcount 373*

---