8.Maya

"Thank you, Mr. Mehrotra," I said, thanking my project partner. He's a professor from a major college; he might not be famous, but he's very respectable, and after today, I know he's very humble.

"You can come in, maybe have a few snacks." I offered it to him, and he shrugged and accepted it.

"Maya?" He called for attention and continued, "Would you mind giving me your phone number?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I said before taking his phone and typing in my phone no.

"Would you mind waiting here for a second? I'll go and get us something to eat," I said, going into my kitchen.

"You have a lot of plants; it's beautiful," he said and I startled. I didn't notice him coming along with me despite asking him to stay back.

"I do; it's peaceful, and I'll have some work in my hands; I don't like sitting idle," I explained.

"who doesn't like some beautiful flowers in their premise,"

I know someone who doesn't.

"So, have you thought about what to do?" I asked him reminding our work.

"Yeah, I do have few thoughts about what to do, I was thinking about it lately"

"What do you have in your mind?" I asked, wanting to know what he was thinking about.

"Why not we do some activities with prize money so they actively participate?"

"Activities like?" I asked

"I don't know, maybe debate, improv sessions," he shrugged and continued, "We have 30 days before their holidays start so we can arrange one session of something every other day, what do you think?"

"I think it's cool; I like it; we can divide activities into technical and non-technical, and we can add an open mic, "I suggested.

"Yeah! Wouldn't that be good?"

"I think they'll like it-"

We continued talking about it more and more about what activities until I saw the time and he noticed me looking at the time and he said "I think it's time now, I totally forgot about time, it's late" He got up, and I took the cup from his hands and put it on the table aside and went to send him off.

"I enjoyed your company a lot, Maya," he said, and I smiled. "I'll see you day after tomorrow at school?"

"Yeah" I smiled.

"Fine, bye Maya," he said, getting into his car, when I just waved at him with a smile.

I went back into the house and washed the cups and made dinner for myself.

It was around 10:30 and I was about to go to sleep when I heard my phone ring. It was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Maya it's me Sidharth, I'm so sorry to disturb you but I think I forgot my wallet at your home. If you don't mind can I come now?"

"I'm not sure Sidharth, it's late and why don't you collect it tomorrow? my house is pretty far from yours do you need it urgently?" I reasoned.

"No I don't need it right now. I thought I can collect it now since we don't have a session tomorrow, anyways I'll collect it tomorrow" and he added "By the way this is my number and you can save it, partner" He cut the call.

I woke up and went to secure the wallet so I'll remember to give it to him tomorrow.

I quickly went back to my bed to sleep after I checked for any other messages.