4. Maya

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,

It gives me great pleasure to be here today as the CEO of Atech, one of the world's leading technology companies. Today, I'd like to talk to you about the exciting world of business and how it can lead to success and fulfillment.

Business is the art of creating value by satisfying customers' needs and desires. It is the foundation of modern society and the engine that propels our economy. Business is everywhere, from the corner mom-and-pop shop to the multinational corporations that operate all over the world.

At Atech, we specialize in creating cutting-edge technology that makes people's lives easier and more fulfilling. We believe that technology can be used to solve the world's most pressing problems and make a positive impact on society. That's why we're committed to creating products that are not only innovative but also socially responsible.

But what does it take to be successful in the world of business?-

---

As I stumbled into the packed auditorium, Aaryan had already begun his speech. But despite my tardiness, I was immediately struck by the palpable energy in the air. People sat in rapt attention, not daring to move a muscle. And as Aaryan spoke, his calm yet commanding voice filled the room, leaving me feeling giddy with anticipation. I couldn't believe how much of a captivating speaker he was. I couldn't wait to talk to him. To be honest, I am totally smitten.

---

Finally, I'd like to encourage each one of you to think about a career in business. It is a challenging yet rewarding field that offers endless opportunities for growth and fulfillment. At Atech, we are committed to supporting the next generation of business leaders, and we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.

Remember, the only limit to what you can achieve is your own imagination and determination.

Thank you, and best of luck in all of your future endeavors.---

Just like that, the session was done and everybody got up at once. Some were talking to Aaryan, and I don't think he'll finish talking to them anytime soon. I still waited, but he was not budging, and I didn't think it would be good to talk to him in front of Mrs. Aileen . Second thoughts were kicking in, and I decided to leave.

---

Aaryan's POV

I had been done with the session for 30 minutes and all I wanted to do was get out of here-"Mr. Aaryan, about the partner we've decided to pair you with, would you like to mee-" Mrs. Aileen started, but I had no interest in knowing.

"No thank you Mrs. Aileen I'm sure you've paired me with someone you think I'd work well with, so I don't see any problem." I moved away from the crowd, saying, "If you'll excuse me, I have to be somewhere now."

I'm running an hour late. Great. I despise people who are late or waste my time; first, I had to start my speech 15 minutes later than promised, and now they have stopped me for something completely unproductive.

I called my assistant and informed her to free the next two hours. I need nothing more than to go home and lay down for a few moments. I started walking towards my car when I saw the girl from yesterday sitting on the bench with a Peony in her hand. I just walked towards my car silently though I saw her get up and walk towards me from the corner of my eye.

"Hello, Aaryan, remember me! we met yesterday." She started speaking. Aaryan?

"I attended your orientation speech today; how could I miss your first speech?" "It was wonderful." She said this while shoving the flower into my hand. I just looked at her weirdly. "It's just a token of appreciation as a friend," friend. who?

"Do you always bring flowers with you wherever you go?" I said it a little rougher than I intended.

"No, I bought this flower specifically for you; the bunch was a little pricey, but I bought it; I had to give the other flowers to the children there because they wanted them, but I saved one for you!" She seemed proud of her work.

"well thank you I guess? but I don't need your appreciation" I pushed the flower back into her hand, causing it to half crumble. She looked sad for a moment and that expression seemed foreign on her face. Nevertheless she looked back at me with a smile. Doesn't it hurt her face to smile a lot?

"No problem if you don't like that flower, I'll make sure to bring something else next time," she said. what does she think we are? best friends? lovers? . If I stop here and listen to her speak, I might lose the last of my patience. I should've known better than to stop here in the first place.

I'm a calm man generally but these few days might not be for me.

I was about to leave when she grabbed my hand and shoved the half-crumbled peony into my suit pocket, saying, "Please keep it for this time, I'll bring something you like next time." She told me as if I was one of her students "I have to leave now, I have a class to take. I've been waiting for you for so long that I thought you wouldn't come, bye Aaryan!" she left just like that.

What just happened?

---

word count: 900

---