11.Maya

Today was eventful to say the least. I had a stressful day circulatingaround to classes and announcing the events being planned. Sidharth helped me, obviously. I also had a class to monitor and I also researched topics that kids were asking about since Aaryan wasn't there.

It was not something new for highschoolers here since the school has certain extracurriculars for them. They can participate in stuff they are interested in. We had kids who showed interest in space research and their team was also invited to a free visit and demonstration at ISRO. Not only space but aeronautical engineering basics were taught to few and few participated in sports and coding was taught too. That was one positive thing about this school. The teachers here always tried to encourage students to take up activities they were interested in. This helped them stay motivated and explore new things.

Currently, I'm home. Sidharth drove the car. Hedropped me off despite my hesitancy. It's not like I am not grateful. All he's ever been is kind to me but he didn't have to step out of his way to help me. I was OK travelling by bus. I would have felt less guilty if he did this once in a while, but he has been doing this every day for a long time now. His home is not even in the same direction as mine.

"Thank you so much but you know you don't need to do this right?" I said.

"We've been through this before. I told you it's not an inconvenience for me, you need not worry."

"I know but - fine!" I huffed at the end and he laughed a bit.

"Ok then I'll leave now. Need me to pick you up tomorrow morning?"

My eyes were fixed on him as he laughed and drove off with a quick goodbye.

I know this might just be him being kind and considerateofme. However, sometimes it's difficult for me to ride his car every day as if I'm taking advantage of him. I'm not planning to accept his offer next time.

I walk into my home, closing the door behind me and I sit down checking some texts I got from Zara and some from my colleagues on the group chat.And I open my mail to look for new mails. It's almost routine for me to check all my social media once I get home and then throw the phone away. What else do you expect from a boring English teacher?

One mail caught my eye. It was from Atech Enterprise. Isn't that the company Aaryan works for? I opened the mail to check what it was about and read.

Subject: Let's Talk in Person

Maya,

I wanted to discuss something significant in person. It's a matter that requires face-to-face conversation.

If you're available, let's set up a meeting at your earliest convenience. You can contact me directly at (+91 96xxx xxxx1) to arrange the details.

Aaryan Singh,

CEO of Atech.

Well that was not how I taught my students to write mails.

Subject: Re: Let's Talk in Person

Hey Aaryan,

I'd love to discuss anything whenever you are ready. I got your number and here's my number. You can contact me directly on messages.

Message me when and where to meet you. I'll be there.

Until next time,

Maya.

Subject: Re: Let's Talk in Person

Hey Aaryan,

I'm sorry I forgot to send the number.

(+91 83xxx xxxx7)

Well that was embarrassing,

Maya.

I noted his phone number down. Should I call him?

Probably not.

I got a call from an unknown number.My initial reaction on picking up the phone was to assume that it would be a wrong number until I heard a woman's voice.

"Good evening, is this Ms. Maya Anand?" She started.

"Yes, how can I help you?" I replied formally.

"I am speaking from Atech. Mr. Aaryan requested me to inform you about the meeting."

"Yeah, I thought it would be more of an informal meeting."

"It is ma'am but I take care of his schedule so it'simperative to note down what time he'd not be available."

"Oh! OK I actually don't mind any time. When does he have free time?"

"Tomorrow he's mostly free since it's Saturday. Would tomorrow be OKfor you?" She inquired.

"Yeah, at what time?"

"Do you have any restricted time periods?" she asked further.

"Tomorrow I have work to do so anytime after 3 in the afternoon would be fine for me."

"Ok I'll note that down, I'll confirm it with Mr. Aaryan and I'll contact you again. Will that be OK with you?" She asked.

"Yeah surely!"

"Thank you!"

She ended the conversation.

It took a few minutes to get the other call. There was the same number on the phone when I looked at it. I answered the call half expecting the same woman to talk.

"Maya?"

Is it Aaryan?

"Yes?" I said unsurely.

"When do you leave school tomorrow?" he asked.

"Around 3 maybe"

"Okay" He said.

"Okay" I replied.

I wanted him to say anything further but he didn't and even before I knew the call was cut. Rude.

---

Ok It's a wrap.

---

*Word count 832*