Chapter 31

Mattheo POV:

I fold the paper and I lay in bed next to Yn. My last 24 hours, I cannot believe this. I hold Yn in my arms and I quietly start to cry. Why. Why. Why. 

---------------------------
morning
---------------------------

I wake up to excruciating pain on my wrist. I go to the bathroom to unwrap the bandages and the scars are bleeding again. It stings but I like it. I bandage my wrist again and then I wake up Yn and she has no energy to get out of bed, what I obviously get. I leave the room and I go find Harry. "Harry. I need to talk to you right. now." I say and I grab his arm and pull him into a dark room. "What?!" He says. I tell him everything that has happened and what is going to happen."I dont believe you." He says. "How can I make you believe me." I ask. "With veritaserum." "Sure, lets do it." We go to the gryffindor common room where Ron and Hermione are sitting. Harry and I tell them what happened and that I am going to drink veritaserum to prove that I am telling the truth. Hermione goes to her room to grab some verita serum and hands it to me. I drink it and Harry starts asking me questions again. "Were you lying or telling the truth." He asks. "I was telling the truth." I answer. The trio look at each other and then at me. "Oh." Harry says. "What now?" Hermione asks. 

"I do not know, but I am going to leave. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am not behind the death of Lilly and James Potter their deaths before I die." I say. "But you are not going to die!" Hermione says. "I literally told you that I had 2 choices and-" "We dont care! We have to keep you save. We should go to Dumbledore." Harry says. "My dad will come and get me Harry you don't get it." "I do get it Mattheo. I literally fought him 3 times. 1st time was Quirrel with him on the back of his head, second time was the young version of him in the chamber of secrets, the 3rd time was when the triwizard tournament was busy so I do get it Mattheo." He says. He is right. 

"You are right. We have to go to Dumbledore, why am I so stupid." I say. "You are because Dumbledore literally has the strongest wand and he is the strongest wizard in the entire world of wizardry." Hermione says and we walk to Dumbledores office. We knock and we hear "Come in." When we open the door we see McGonagall and Dumbledore sitting at the desk. "Granger, Riddle, Potter & Weasley. Come in." Dumbledore says and we walk in. "What is wrong?" McGonagall asks. I tell them everything, also about the veritaserum. Dumbledore and McGonagall look at each other and then back at me. 

"We have to get Snape." Dumbledore says. Fuck. Snape. Dumbledore leaves and comes back with Snape. Dumbledore has explained everything on the way to his office and Snape brought Veritaserum to really make sure that I am telling the truth. And again, I told the truth. 

"So what is going to happen now?" I ask. "We are going to cancel all the lessons and then we are going to wait. Granger, Riddle, Weasley and the Potter twins have to stay stave because Tom is definitely going for them." Dumbledore says to McGonagall and Snape. They nodd and gather all the professors to spread the word. I have to get Yn so I do.

I walk into her dorm and she putting on her clothes. "What the fuck!?" She yells while crying. "What happened?" I ask. "I thought you had died! Your fucking letter is on the desk you idiot!" she says and I hug her. "Sorry, I had to keep it with me but I told Dumbledore about everything and he is going to make sure that we are going to stay safe. That everyone is going to stay safe." I say to try to comfort her and it does. "Thank god.. What do you think is going to happen when your dad is coming to get you?" she asks. "I do not know but if I have to guess it'll be war." "War?" "Yes, war. But do not worry baby, we will stay safe." I say and kiss her.