Seventy Nine - Journal

Warning: Triggering emotions, R-18

Knuckles lightly rap on my bedroom door. "Delle? It's me, Ria. Can I come inside?"

I've settled down now and the party's also over.

"Yes."

She popped her head out of the door and warmly smiled as her eyes met mine. Ria-san gently closed the door behind her and marched to where I was, near the window. We both stood there and watched the city.

"This habit of yours never change," she started. I turned to her. "You like staring at that. Autumn. Spring. Summer. Winter. You just watch outside. As if you're waiting for something. Or someone."

"I thought you hate my feelings for Mikey."

"Me?" She shook her head. "It's not that I don't like your feelings. It's just that your feelings became the reason you're hurt. He's hurt you, Delle. So we're mad about it of course."

I sighed. "It's still just... so hard to believe without me asking Mikey myself."

"Do you think he's not the one behind all those acts?"

I paused. "...I don't know."

After witnessing Bonten's criminal acts where Mikey's in command, it's not impossible that those events really happened under his authority. Besides, where was he when Atarah went through all of that?

"You're strong, Delle." She placed a hand over my shoulder. "You can still think rationally even after hearing all of those things."

Strong, huh. It's not that. Maybe because I still think I can change this future. That's why the reality of this still hasn't destroyed me as much as I think it would if I were to really experience those sufferings first hand.

"You have another habit of yours," Ria-san added. She sounded excited. "Wanna see?"

I thought the scenery from the room was the best rewarding view after all those dreadful scenes, but this... this place is much, much better.

A setting where you can just sit down and exist as if there's nothing in this world ruining your peace.

A garden-library at the rooftop of the building.

"Do you like it?" Ria-san beamed, watching my reaction. "You love it. Haha. As expected."

"I... own this place?" Stunned, I scoffed. It's so vast and beautiful. "This amazing place?"

I let my fingers feel every corner, every tip of the books and flowers surrounding me

I let my fingers feel every corner, every tip of the books and flowers surrounding me. There's even a water fountain at the center. A small pond swam by some sea creatures. A speaker that plays some quiet background music. And beyond all this is the glittering city.

I can see everything from up here...

"You also have a bench here that's totally uncomfortable for you." She chuckled and shook her head. "And... you also put a tent right there where you spend most of your time."