Fourteen - Stranger

It was seven in the morning when I thought of visiting Shin-san's resting place. I bought some food with me, a mat, and a few flowers for his grave. I crossed my legs and sat down just staring at his name carved on the rock.

"Is this good?" Was the first words that came out of my mouth.

"I finally found Manjiro, Shin-san," I whispered. "I finally met him, but..." The water in my eyes began to ruin my sight. "But I still miss you... Shin-san."

I wiped my tears and forced myself to smile.

"No matter what happens, you're still the first family I had, and yet, even when you're gone now... you still left me with these people. You still left me a new family." I smiled at the thought.

"I have a new family, Shin-san. I wish you were here with us."

Just like a snap with the fingers, I remembered how it all started.

It was raining on a cold Sunday night that time I left home because of another argument with my mom. I couldn't move freely inside our house that's why I ran off just to clear the storm in my heart and the darkness in my mind.

The sobs never stopped as I sprinted away to what I wished was my home. Farther and farther, round and round, I just ran. The rain was pouring, but it didn't matter to me. In fact, the rain even comforted me as if the skies were crying with me.

Wearing my hoodie, my earphones plugged, I stopped when my legs felt numb. I sheltered myself outside a shop under its roof and gazed at the dark, foggy sky. I pulled out my arm as my hand caught the rain's sensation.

"You are enough..." The lyrics slipped out of my tongue.

As my eyes began swelling up again, I bit my lower lip and tried containing my sobs. But since the rain made it loud for me, I started bursting out. My cries weren't heard because of the rain, and I was grateful for that.

The only one who could hear me crying... was myself.

"Let it go..." I whispered, crying. "Enough. Enough pain, enough... please."

With myself wrapped around my arms, I hugged my knees while sitting down on the ground

With myself wrapped around my arms, I hugged my knees while sitting down on the ground. I hid my face under my hoodie and let myself cry out. Thunders commenced being heard just like how the pain made the sound in my heart.

"That's enough, please..." I begged the pain to stop. "I'm tired. I'm tired of this."

The cries of mine couldn't cease because of the song I was listening to. I am... enough? I doubted it. I wanted to believe it, but I was too hurt to even believe that. I failed too much. I hated it. I'm so messed up. I wanted to end it all.

My heart was suffering too much from my cries. My lungs couldn't keep up as my sobs continued. My eyes were too tired to stay open as my tears couldn't stop flowing. My hands were shaking while the rest of my body couldn't move an inch.