Seventy One - Ocassion

"Good job handling that asshole," Takeomi-san commented the minute we got back from the bar.

He complimented what I did, when in the past when I was young, he was actually the one protecting me from those kinds of people

He complimented what I did, when in the past when I was young, he was actually the one protecting me from those kinds of people. How... nostalgic.

Mochi chortled, hands on his waist. "Did you see that stupid guy's face? He's a sissy!"

A sissy? He's actually courageous for letting himself get punched. I would've flinched expecting a punch.

"Well, that's Dellie right there," Ran complimented, a tip of his lip up.

I averted my eyes. I'm still... a bit uncomfortable.

And where the heck's Rielle? She said she'd be back. It's been two hours. Don't tell me that woman came running away and leaving me here, haha.

"Should we go after that pig for touching Bonten's woman?" Rindou evilly grinned and cracked his fingers.

Wait, what? No!

Koko flipped a hand. "It's the boss' call." I unconsciously shook my head at him when we met eyes. Koko only looked away.

"Let's not waste our time with such trivial matters," Kakucho-san responded with his plain tone.

I almost thanked him, but my relief was taken away when Sanzu's wary eyes raked over me. I twitched. This guy's too heedful towards my actions. I'm scared he'll find out about Nozomi and that detective.

"Call that girl and tell her to meet us at the Mad Man," Sanzu talked, eyes still on me.

"Calista?" Rindou asked.

Her again?

"Yes." Sanzu shifted it away when Mikey called for him. "Yes, boss?"

"Food." The only word Mikey replied.

He's still as lethargic as I've first seen him when I came here, but... maybe somewhere deep inside is still the Mikey that I know. Food. His favorites are dorayaki, taiyaki, and...

"Okay, Mikey." Sanzu obeyed then told his men when I immediately dashed to him. "What now?"

Crap!

I hardly bit my lower lip. "C-can I come and buy Mikey's food?"

Please agree...

Sanzu glared at me, but he looked at Mikey first who's still expressionless yet eyes so focused on mine. I habitually returned him a soft smile, almost forgetting who he is right now and only seeing a vulnerable Mikey.