Seventy Eight - Truth

Warning: Triggering emotions, R-18

"Delanel! Where the heck are you?! Delanel!"

Mom's voice raged in the entire house. I jolted at every loud call, sensing every heavy and intentional step, expecting her to be in my room in less than a minute.

"Delanel!" She slammed the door open and wide furious eyes wecomed me. "I told you to participate!"

I remained biting my lower lip. "But mom..."

"They were all calling out for you!" Mom shouted. "Are you going to stay like this the entire day?!"

"N-no..."

You only ever cared about other people.

"You're ruining everything! Why can't you stop self pitying yourself and do something useful for once in your life!"

"But mom, I..."

I don't feel good.

None of them make me feel good. Nothing makes me feel good. I don't feel like I belong with them, mom. Whenever I'm with people, as if everything I do, everything I am, is wrong. I always feel like I'm at fault. Like I'm a mess.

No one stays with me, mom. Not even you.

When you all see my flaws, you all look at me as if I'm... a monster—a monster who covers herself with an angelic appearance, a monster who's never gonna change, who's always the bad guy.

I'm a monster, but I wanted to love the kind of monster I am.

That's why I'm not comfortable with the world.

Because every time I hang around other people, I always need to fake myself.

Am I not acceptable?

Am I not lovable?

I know I did wrong and terrible things. I tried to change. I keep trying to change. But why does it still feel like no one wants to be with me? That no matter how smart or how hard I try, I'm never gonna measure up.

I was tired of being alone.

Mom, I... was sad and lonely.

So I wanted to be alone in this room to deal with my feelings and thoughts. And I was expecting you, my parent, to ask me softly why I became like this. I wanted to you to comfort me, to cry with me, and tell me all of the things I needed to hear.