Forty Five - Beginning

"A white caramel frappé, please," I ordered with one hand raised to the waitress. She then bowed and walked away.

That's when I finally noticed the design of the café—the brown, white, black, peach, light yellow, light pink, and light green aesthetic of it. The vast paintings that were supposed to pique my interest didn't cross my mind for a few minutes earlier either.

Only the person in front of me's in my head at that moment, and I'm starting to think that there's something wrong, but I couldn't figure it out. The visions also stopped for a while. I'm confused.

"Uh, Michi?" I tilted my head a little. "It's your turn to order now."

The way my cousin sits, looks, poses, and acts, or even speaks is different than the Takemichi I've been hanging out with. I thought it's just his mood swings, but somehow, I'm beginning to overthink that... he's a different person.

"Right. Sorry," he said and then eyes down on the menu. "Just iced tea, please." The waiter nodded at him then went away.

" The waiter nodded at him then went away

Takemichi sighed again. His faux hawk style of hair didn't look fixed as usual. His bright blue eyes didn't seem so enlightened at all. As if he didn't get enough sleep. He's also not wearing the necklace Hina-chan gave him.

Michi usually orders potatoes, but now he's just buying a drink. Not that it's a serious issue, though. Maybe he's just thirsty? Am I just overthinking things? I do hope I'm just overthinking things.

"Tokyo Manji Gang..." Michi spelled, tapping the top of his glass.

"Hm?" I let a sip of frappé into my mouth. "What's that?"

Michi's silently playing with his cup with a blank facial expression, puzzling me with what's running in his head.

"It's fun being with them, but sometimes... I want to leave Toman."

...Huh?

"W-what are you saying, Hanagaki Takemichi?" I awkwardly laughed after realizing how long I stared at him in shock. "You're not quitting on Toman... are you?"

What is he saying all of a sudden? Leaving Toman? Why is he like this out of nowhere? Is there a problem I'm not aware of?

I know I usually like imagining things, creating scenarios in my head, but... is it possible? I mean, I've only read it in books or watch it in movies, but... are two personalities possible? Ah, wait. It is. Wait. That's not really it.

Is it possible that he's not... the Michi I know?

"Of course it's not possible, are you stupid?" I accidentally said out loud.