Sixty - Juncture

The sun's warmth comforted me after those freezing, unfriendly nights. We lost Emma. We couldn't save Izana. We let Kisaki die. Now... my parents want me to go back.

If I haven't met Toman, I probably would've gone back without question. After all, I really wanted to prove to my family that I can be of help to them. I don't want to disobey them.

I thought this problem of mine would be okay after years of separation. But now, if I tell them I don't want to leave, they'll look at me with those eyes again. I'll disappoint them again.

I sighed. "I... don't want to be a burden anymore..." I let my messy hair fill my face. "I'm so hopeless..." My eyes met his grave that I just dusted. "Right, Shin-san?"

I almost prayed that he'd answer me. It'd be frightening if that happens though. I just miss talking with him. I really want to have an older brother or sister who I can ask for advice.

"Shin-san..." I felt a tingling sensation in my head. "I hope Emma's happy with you now. But..."

I clenched my fist.

How can Mikey be happy... when you all left him?

How can I even... leave him like this?

Randomly, I decided to visit them to clear my head

"How're you holding up?" I smiled. "Kazutora-kun."

His scary eyes before soften the more times flies.

Kazutora-kun returned me a gentle beam. "Things ain't that bad in here, Toman's girl."

Toman's...

I sarcastically snorted, looking up at the blinding white lights. "You know... I kind of wished all of them are in jail too... so that no one else would die or get hurt."

Silence took over a second.

"You'll be out here in a few years." I grinned at him. But he's not smiling anymore. "Everything will be different."

"..."

"But, Kazutora-kun... when you get out of here, can you please help Takemichi when he's in trouble?" I sounded desperate. "Please... save Mikey when he's drowning in darkness."

He looked down on his hands, clenching it.

"I-I'm sorry." I awkwardly chuckled. "What was I saying? Haha. That was so selfish of me. I'm sorry."

"No. You're not selfish, Delle," he stated. "You just care enough for them. Toman should be thankful they have you."

I'm not sure about that, Kazutora-kun.

"I knew what you've been through. Hard, was it?" I bobbed at him. "You're strong, Toman's girl. That's why Mikey chose you."

Now that's making me doubt even more.