𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

NETEYAM'S POV
We continued to fly for hours, Tuk and Au'rai had managed to stay asleep for most of the way.

"Alright guys we're about ten minutes away!" My father announced. Everyone let out a tired cheer, well everyone except for Au'rai and Tuk who were still asleep. I saw my mother fly closer to my father and say something to him, my father nodded and then began to give us the signal to land. I was confused but I followed his orders. We all landed our ikrans on a small island that was surrounded by water.

"Why'd we land Dad?" Kiri asked. She was about to get off of her ikran but Dad told her not to.

"We just have to switch flying buddies before we arrive, but you and Aonung don't have to swap."

I gave him a confused look and then suddenly I understood. I began to gently shake Au'rai awake. She opened her eyes and looked and me tiredly.

"My love, we have to swap partners, you have to go to Lo'ak." I whispered. She simply nodded her head, I got off my ikran and helped Au'rai down, I took a hold of Tuk and carried her over to my mother, since she was still asleep. Au'rai gave me a smile before walking towards Lo'ak, I saw him help her onto his ikran. He sat her in front of him and placed her extremely close to his body, okay I'm sorry but there's no need for him to be that close. I felt a tap on my shoulder when I turned I saw Tsireya. I smiled at her and helped her on, I took my seat behind her but I wasn't nearly as close to her as Lo'ak was to Au'rai, it wouldn't feel right to do so. After everyone got situated we began to fly again. I could feel the nerves and excitement inside of me, I can't wait to go home and see my people.

"It is so beautiful here!" Tsireya cheered.

"Would you say it's better than the reef?" I smirked.

"Well I wouldn't say that exactly, it's a close second though" she replied with a playful tone which caused me to smile. We began to come in closer and closer to the forest, everything felt so unreal I almost can't believe we're back, it's like a dream. I was ripped out of my thoughts when I saw an arrow flying directly at me, I quickly made my ikran fly downwards and the arrow just barely missed us. Suddenly a bunch of warrior cries were heard and we began to get ambushed by arrows.

"This way!" My father called. We all followed him as we continued to get arrows shot at us.

"Ahh!" I heard a cry of pain and I turned to see Lo'ak, an arrow had grazed his arm and he began to bleed.

"Tiyawn!" Tsireya cried out towards Loak.

In all of the pain Lo'ak lost control of his Ikran who started to shake in every direction. I saw Au'rai holding on as best as she could, but it wasn't enough, she slipped off of Lo'aks ikran and began to plummet down to the ground.