𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

KIRI'S POV
"Very well child that is enough for today" said Ronal as we finished up our lessons "you may go now, I'll see you again tomorrow"

"Okay, I will see you tomorrow" I put on a fake smile and walked out of the hut. I don't mind training with Ronal, I actually really enjoy it, I like learning about new healing methods and about new herbs, but I don't like the reason for having to learn all of this. She is only teaching me because she thinks me and Aonung are going to mate.

You might be asking, why don't you just say it's not true? Why don't you just call it off? Well I would but I'm not sure I even want to. I know Aonung messed up but I still really like him, no matter what I say. But I also can't stop thinking about Rotxo, I like him too, he's so much kinder and gentle than Aonung he would be a sweet and loving mate. But I know for a fact that Aonung would be more protective and caring than Rotxo. They both would be perfect. I kinda wish I could combine the both of them into one boy.

For the last few days though, Rotxo has been really weird, I don't think he wants anything to do with me. He goes out of his way to avoid me. I've heard around the village that Rotxo may loos his title as best young fisherman, because he is always late to his lessons. When I asked Lo'ak about it he said it's because Rotxo takes a different route to the fishing grounds now. He told me Rotxo told him that he's been dropping off stuff to villagers before his lessons but I know that's not true. He just doesn't want to take the route that requires passing by my family's hut.

I want to explain this whole situation to him, but how can I if he keeps avoiding me? I don't want him to think that I myself, willingly chose to mate with Aonung. As I walked to my home I prayed to Eywa that I would run into him and of course the great mother answered because I saw him. He was out in the water with a net, he was fishing. I wasted no time and began running towards him at fully speed. I guess he heard me when I loudly came into the water because as soon as he saw me he started running too. He didn't get too far though, growing up with two brothers you learn some things, so I tackled him into the water.

"Kiri!" He exclaimed struggling under me. Its a good thing we're in shallow water because if we weren't I probably would've drowned him.

"Stop moving!" I said holding him down firmly.

"Let me go!" He said attempting to sit up.

"No!" I said slamming him back down "Why have you been avoiding me?!"

"Stop!"

"No! Why?!"

"Stop Kiri!"

"Answer the question Rotxo!"

"Because!" He continued to struggle under me but I maintained strong. From watching Lo'ak and Neteyam's wrestling matches, a countless amount of times, I know that if I give him even one chance he'll be out of my grip.

"Because why?!"

"Because I love you Kiri!!"

"What?" I said as I loosened my hold on him just a bit before letting him go completely when I knew he wouldn't run away. I sat up and he did too.

"I don't want to be around you, if I can't have you" he explained. He was talking to me but he didn't make any sort of eye contact he just looked down at his hands as he fiddled with them.

"Rotxo-"

"You don't have to say anything Kiri" he said cutting me off "I know you don't feel the same"

I quickly grabbed his hands and made him look at me.

"Rotxo I do like you. I have an unexplainable amount of feelings for you I really do!"

"Then why are you mating with Aonung?"

"I'm not!" I exclaimed, but then reality and my feelings hit me like wave. "Or at least, I don't know"

"How do you not know?"

"I have feelings for the both of you! And I didn't choose to mate with Aonung! He just went and told Ronal that because he was trying to claim me and because he wanted you to stay away!"

Rotxo looked shocked at my words.

"I'm so sorry Kiri!" He quickly brought me in for a hug and I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around him. "He's a jerk! And I'm sorry for avoiding you it wasn't right of me"

"It's okay Rotxo" I pulled away from the hug "you were just trying to protect your heart" I said as I placed my hand on his chest.

"What is your heart telling you to do Kiri? Who does it want to love?" He asked me as he placed his hand over mine. I took my hand off of his chest.

"I-I don't know" I shook my head. I'm so pathetic. How could I do this to such an amazing and kind boy like Rotxo? I don't deserve him. "I'm so sorry for putting you in this position Rotxo"

"It's okay Kiri" he said giving me a warm smile "If your heart decides to be with Aonung, I will be happy for you and I will accept it." He said before placing his hand on my jaw. "But if your heart chooses me, I will be here" I smiled at him. "Can I?" He said while looking down at my lips I nodded my head yes before our lips met. We shared a soft sweet kiss.

What we didn't know yet, was that someone had seen us.

TUN TUN TUN!!! Who do you think saw them? 🤔 Also are you team Kirnung or Rori?