𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨

NETEYAM'S POV
As soon as the words left my fathers mouth an audible gasp was heard through out the marui pod. My eyes immediately searched for Au'rai, who was sitting across from me and beside Lo'ak. I could see Tsireya place her hand on her heart from my peripheral vision. Why are we going back to the forest? What about the sky people? Have they left?

I can't lie when I heard my father say we are going back home, my initial feeling was happiness. We'd go back to the forest where we belong, we would see grandmother again, we would be back home. It was hard to leave the forest. When we left it felt like my whole life had been thrown away, I'd spent years working my ass off to become a mighty warrior to show my father and the clan that I would be a strong Olo'eyktan one day, just like my father and grandfather. I've kept my feelings about it hidden, I can't burden my family with my emotions. They look to me to be strong, so I would never tell them how hard it was to leave, I'd never tell them how much it hurt me to leave the clan that I was supposed to lead one day.

As happy as I was though, it all left when I saw Au'rai tear up. I can't leave. I can't leave her. How could I? And it's not like she could come with me, our parents don't even want us together here, so why would they allow it when we're in another clan? And I know I cannot stay here, I have to be with my family, Sully's stick together.

"But what about the sky people Dad?" Lo'ak asked.

"Yeah is it safe to go back?" Kiri added

"Will you be Olo'eyktan again Dad?" Tuk asked excitedly. I could see my father get a bit overwhelmed with all of the questions so I stayed quiet.

"Okay kids I need to clear some things up." We all gave my father our undivided attention not wanting to miss a single detail. "We are not moving back home" Oh.

"Then why are we going back?" Tuk asked. I could tell she was disappointed, the move affected Tuk greatly.

"We need to tell grandmother and the clan about Lo'ak and Au'rais mating." My mother stated. Great so it's like we're inviting everyone to celebrate my brother mating with my girlfriend.

"How long will we be gone for?" Lo'ak asked.

"Three days, we can't be gone too long there is still a lot to be done before the mating ceremony." I don't like this conversation. It makes it all feel real. Inevitable at that.

"Your father and I have been talking" Ronal spoke up "And we feel that it would be appropriate for the three of you to go to the forest with your future mates."

"Yes, my mother would love to meet all of you" My mother added.

"What do you kids say?" My father asked the Metkayina siblings with a smile. They all looked around at each other with smiles.

"We'd like it very much Mr Sully" Tsireya said.

"Great! You'd better start packing a few clothes we leave tomorrow bright and early!" My father exclaimed. I think he's actually excited to go back to the forest, I am too even if it's just to visit. We all left the hut and went our own separate ways I made eye contact with Au'rai and she immediately knew what I wanted. We connect almost telepathically.

I arrived to mine and Au'rais spot, I took a seat and waited for her. Not long after I felt a quick kiss on my cheek, I turned with a smile and saw Au'rai.

"Hello ma Au'rai" I greeted

"Kaltxi" she responded with a grin. She took a seat in between my legs and I draped my arms around her shoulders, I felt her lean back against my body. "Are you excited to go back to your home?" She asked.

"Very. I can't wait to show you all of my favorite places Au'rai! You're going to love the forest!" I hugged her closer to me but I felt her pull away, she turned around to face me and she gave me a sad look. "What is wrong my love?"

"I don't think we'll be able to be together in the forest Tey, remember I am going to be presented to the clan as Lo'aks mate." I felt my heart clench at her words, she's right. Damn it why do things always have to be so difficult for us?

"Shit, I forgot" I mumbled. Suddenly an idea popped into my head. "It'll be fine though. We can still hangout in the forest."

"But how?"

"Like how we're doing now! We'll just sneak away, find time for ourselves" I smiled. "What do you think about my plan?"

"I love it" She came towards me and gave me a kiss. Eywa I love this girl.

KIRI'S POV
"So are you going to teach me how to swing through trees?" Aonung asked me. We're still holding hands on our way to my hut. He's being kind enough to drop me off.

"I'll teach you anything you want" I laughed.

"Anything?" Aonung stopped walking and gave me a smirk. He looked my body up and down which caused me to blush. "Okay I'll keep that in mind ma Kiri"

"You're gross" I laughed as I pulled his hand to keep him walking.

"It would be fun" he shrugged with a smile. By now we had reached my family's pod.

"I guess I should start packing now, huh?" I stated

"I don't think you'll have to pack much, I mean you'll be naked half of the time you're with me so-"

"Aonung!" I laughed as I slapped his arm causing him to laugh as well.

"Okay, Okay I'll stop." He brought me in close for a kiss before pulling away "Goodbye Kiri."

"Goodbye Nung!" I watched him as he walked away before I heard someone clear their throat, I turned around startled only to see Rotxo. Fuck.

"So are you two a thing now?" He asked me. I noticed he held some flowers in his hands, they're my favorite flowers.

"Rotxo I-"

"No i-it's okay" His eyes began to water and he backed away from me "See you later Kiri" Rotxo dropped the flowers on the ground and quickly walked away.

Suddenly I felt my eyes start to water. I have a feeling I just messed everything up.

Poor Rotxo 🫠. Who do you think Kiri will end up with in the end??? What do you think is going to happen in the forest? Do you think they'll have a good or bad time?