𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

LO'AKS POV
Au'rai and I sat on the shore and continued to talk to each other, about us, and our future together. I didn't truly want this and I knew that she didn't either. I wanted to be with Tsireya and she wanted to be with Neteyam, but they betrayed us so who else can we go to? We only have each other.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked her

"I have an idea, but only if you agree with it" she said

"What is it?"

"Let's...fake date"

"Fake date?"

"Yes. This way we can make the both of them jealous and keep our parents happy" she stated.

I know I said I didn't want to be with Au'rai and it's true I don't. Right now I don't at least. But she is a very beautiful girl with an amazing personality and I know myself, if I get too close, I could fall. Fall for her.

"And what if we fall in love?" I playfully said smirking at her. She laughed at me.

"I think that would be even better" she said with a bright smile.

It was time to put our plan into action. We walked on the beach hand in hand and talked about nothing in particular. I told her story's of times I got in trouble and she told me hers. We're so alike. I see why others want us to be together. While we walked together we came across Tsireya, kneading a net. She looked at us and then down at our hands, her face paled in color. I wonder if she feels the same pain that I felt when I found out about her and Neteyam. I hope she does. But deep down I also don't want her to ever hurt. For me or for anyone. She began to walk toward us.

"What is this?" She asked

"What is what?" Au'rai replied

"This! Why are you holding his hand! Aren't you in love with Neteyam?!"

"Aren't you?" I asked her. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Au'rai give Tsireya a smug look.

"Lo'ak can we please speak" she looked at Au'rai "alone" I looked down at Au'rai to see if she approved to which she simply bowed her head.

"I will be in my hut" She said before walking away and leaving me alone with Tsireya.

"What?" I said

"Lo'ak I'm sorry. I'm sorry for kissing Neteyam, it was wrong and I don't know why I did it. I know you probably hate me but I need you to know that it was a mistake"

I shook my head at her words.

"I don't hate you Reya. I never could" she looked at me with hopeful eyes and she held my hand in hers. She was sure I would forgive her, but I wouldn't. "But I cannot forgive this. For once in my life I thought I met someone who would chose me, I thought I met someone different, but you are just like everyone else. You chose Neteyam over me." She looked down with tears in her eyes.

"Go with him Tsireya. You kissed him for a reason. Deep down you feel something for him and he for you."

"Lo'ak-"

"It would make your parents and the clan happy" I said cutting her off "and that's all you care about after all. It's what's going to end up happening and I'm going to let you get there now" I gave her hand a soft squeeze before dropping it and walking away.

NETEYAM'S POV
I was in my family's hut chopping some fruit helping my mom with dinner, but my mind was still on the conversation I had with Au'rai earlier. Was she being serious? Could she move on that quickly? With Lo'ak out of all people?

"What is wrong?"

I turned my head and saw my mother looking at me. She always knew when something was wrong she could read anyone like a book.

"Nothing" I said shaking my head and continued chopping the remaining pieces of fruit.

"Neteyam" she said stopping my hand and making me look at her. "What is wrong?"

When I was about to speak, Lo'ak walked in, he gave me a glare before taking out his knife and sharpening it against a rock. If looks could kill I would be six feet under right now. (He already is 😜)

"Hello Lo'ak, how was your day?" My mother asked him, completely forgetting about the conversation she was having with me, which I didn't mind at all. I didn't want to talk to her about it anyways.

Lo'ak looked at me and smirked before giving my mom his sweetest smile and speaking.

"It was wonderful mother, I had the best date with the most beautiful girl in all of Pandora" he stated with a smile.

"Not with Tsireya I hope" My mother said giving him a warning look.

"Oh no mother, I am completely over her." He said shaking his head "I was on a date with Au'rai. We took a long walk on the beach hand in hand and watched the sunset together. She is truly perfect"

Now it was my turn to glare at him. How could he sit there and talk about his romantic 'date' with MY girl right in front of me.

"Oh Lo'ak that is wonderful! I'm glad you and Au'rai are beginning to like each other, you two will be mated soon! It's hard to believe that you will be mated before your older brother" my mother said smiling.

"Yes who would've thought" Lo'ak said returning my mothers smile.

"And what about you Neteyam? How are you and Tsireya?"

Finally. I was going to make him feel the way that I felt.

"It's been wonderful mother. In fact, Tsireya and I have already shared our very first kiss. I've never experienced anything like it"

"Neteyam! Why did you not tell me this!" My mother grabbed my hand and walked me closer to Lo'ak before she brought the both of us into a tight hug. "Both of my boys are falling in love with their future mates! Everything is going perfectly!"

"Yes" I said softly

"Perfect" I heard Lo'ak say under his breath.