𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

AU'RAIS POV
It had been a few days since the whole mess between Neteyam and Tsireya happened. Every day the date for me and Lo'ak to mate gets closer. Lo'ak and I have been spending more time with each other, but I can't say the same for Neteyam and Tsireya. They both seem to be uncomfortable with each other now a days.

I sat on the nets that connect the pods in the village and dipped my feet in the water. I sat there and watched as the fish swam by, I smiled at the sight. I was interrupted when I felt the net dip down a bit. I looked to my right and saw Tsireya sitting next to me. Great.

"Hey" she said

"Hi" I replied

Things have been less than great between us lately. We haven't been fighting, but I've been as distant and hostile towards her as I can. She keeps trying to talk to me, I guess she can't take a hint.

"Are you attending tonight's celebration?" She asked me. Tonight was the annual celebration of the tulkun returning from their migration. We're all happy to be reunited with our brothers and sisters.

"Why wouldn't I go? Everyone else is" I stated as dryly as I could.

"Will you uh...will you be going with Lo'ak?"

"Yes" I said nodding my head softly "will you be going with Neteyam?"

"Mhm"

We both sat in complete awkward silence. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Kind of like how I wanted to cut Tsireyas hair off with a knife. After some time the silence was broken by Tsireya when she started speaking.

"Au'rai can we please talk? I hate it when you're mad at me!" It's true. Well she hates it when anyone is mad at her. She just can't take it. She can't take it like how I can.

"I wouldn't be mad at you if you hadn't gone and kissed the boy I liked Tsireya." I said as I stood up. "Everyone always says that I'm the one that messes things up, but this time, you're the one who screwed everyone over" I said before walking away. I hated myself for not saying more. For not telling her more of what she deserves to hear.

I kept walking for a while with no clear idea of where exactly I was going, that was until I bumped into Kiri. She looked like she had something weighing on her so I decided to ask her about it.

"Kaltxi Kiri" I greeted

"Kaltxi Au'rai" she replied with a weak smile.