𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

AU'RAIS POV
I quickly turned to see who it was that had their arms wrapped around me.

"Lo'ak?" I asked with a smile, placing my hands around his neck as he pulled me closer.

"How are you Au'rai?"

"Um I'm good but uh why are you...doing this?" I questioned. The smile never left my face. Even though Lo'ak and I do these romantic looking things, I just can't take it seriously because I know it's not real.

"Because I am so deeply in love with my future mate. And I have to show everyone who you belong to right?" He smiled looking down at me "and besides they are doing the same." He nodded his head in a direction and when I turned to see what he was signaling at my heart dropped.

Neteyam and Tsireya were sitting very closely together on a log and Tsireya was feeding Neteyam fruit as they smiled at each other. It hurts every time I see them together. I know they are just pretending as well, we all have to. But it doesn't take away the feeling I get when I see them look so realistically happy together. But then again, Neteyam probably feels the same when he sees me and Lo'ak together.

"Oh" I said in a disappointed tone.

"I know I don't like seeing it either, but it's the only way to keep our parents off our backs til we figure something out."

I turned back to face Lo'ak. I put on my best smile.

"Yeah you're right." I nodded

"Well while we're together" he said as he grabbed my hand and we started walking towards a place where we could sit. "Why don't you tell me what's up with you and Sahné?"

I let out a laugh.

"There is nothing going on with me and Sahné. He is just an old friend" I shrugged

"Oh come on Au'rai. You know you can tell me the whole story right?" Lo'ak insisted.

I sighed.

"We used to be best friends. We were always together, ever since we were little kids. He would look out for me and tried his best to keep me out of trouble, but somehow, trouble always found me." I stopped walking and Lo'ak turned to look at me. "As we grew up, our feelings for each other did too. Everyone in the clan thought we would mate someday and we thought so too. But then he left for war and we lost contact" I continued walking and Lo'ak followed "and now he's back and I don't know" I shrugged "I have a feeling"