Curiosity #2

Situation 2 - curiosity

Something about her being in front of me makes my heart skip a beat. No matter how many times we have looked each other in the eyes, my stomach will never cease to feel nervous excitement. I just can't get used to her. But I couldn't get used to the feeling of sudden curiosity that overcame me when I talked to her brother. Why would I not be her type? Why did Zhang Hao tell me about it when it's none of his business?

"Hanbin? Are you listening?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah! I am"

"Ok, then tell me what I just said?"

"Uh... that you want coffee?" I say, scratching my neck

"That's not what I said!" she hits my head lightly " What's up with you today? Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," I say, "Cho?"

"Hm?"

"Can I ask you something?" I ask

"Sure," she replies, not looking up from the English notebook before her.

"Uhh, do you and your brother get along?" I ask. Almost immediately, she looks up at me.

"We do get along, except that we fight sometimes," she says, then looks back down at her notebook "Why the question?"

"I don't know."

Cho looks back up from what she is studying and turns her body to face me fully.

"Hanbin? What's wrong with you? Did something happen between you and Hao yesterday?" she asks, a worried expression invading her face.

"No. I mean, not really. He just said something weird, that's all."

"Something weird? What did he say?"

"Nothing, it's not important."

"Hanbin." she says, grabbing my arm, a weird but scary expression on her face " What did he say?"

"Nothing, nothing."

"Hanbin! Tell me now!" Cho says, then relaxes " It's just that he's my brother, and I need to know what he says about me," she says.

"Ok, this might sound weird, but he just said that I'm not your type. He just said that really randomly."

"What? Wait, wait, I need context."

"There's none. We were searching for clues and then he asked me how I met you. And after I told him we continued to look around and then he randomly said you're not who I think you are, or something like that. And right after he said that I'm not the kind of person that you would like?" I say, feeling nervous "It's weird because I didn't even tell him anything about us."

"What about us?" Cho asks. I freeze, not looking at her, and not knowing what to say.

"I... don't know?"

"Hanbin? Do you like me?" she asks. I look at her for once, eye contact feeling stronger than ever. I feel my heart stop beating for two seconds, and then, when it starts beating again, it is faster than I have ever felt it go. Her eyes stay on me, not moving anywhere but my eyes. I try to look away, but I feel a sudden sense of desire to tell her everything, including how I feel for her. I feel a sense of desire to take her by the hands, slowly near my face to hers, and give her a kiss that I have kept to myself my whole life for a moment exactly like this. But I can't, and I just don't know why. 

"Do you?" I ask instead, avoiding the question

"I-"

"IM HERE!" I hear a scream from behind me. I turn my head around to see Camille walking up to us, smiling wide and her arms swinging messily around while she runs towards us. I look at Cho and see her eyes turn cold, unlike her soft and kind aura.

Camille jumps onto the grass, separating Cho and me, and takes out three notebooks, all with big headlines indicating that they are her English notebooks.

"So, what are we learning today, teacher," Camille says in a cheesy way, bumping her arm against mine. I grimace but try to hide it with a cough. I then attempt a kind smile, which, as always, works.

"With whatever you need help with," I reply, the smile still plastered on my face, but inside, I feel a certain feeling of both relief and annoyance.

This is me attempting to make Camille more unlikeable

Anyways, I'm not really satisfied with this chapter since there wasn't enough tension as I was hoping between Cho and Hanbin

I'll try better for the next time lol

Anyways, there will probably be a double update today because I didn't update yesterday (btw sorry abt that but I was so busy yesterday that when I got home I just bathed and immediately fell asleep)

(stream 'shhh' by kiss of life)