nervousness

"Yeah, I get what that means, but I don't get what this means," Cho says, pointing at her English notebook.

"It's not that hard. Here let me explain" I say, smiling at the girl who has a confused expression on her face.

We are sitting down on a green plain, the sun slowly setting.

As I explain, I notice how she tilts her head whenever she doesn't understand anything. Whenever she does that, I just re-explain everything but in a different manner.

"Cho, you know what you should do if you want to be good at English for next school year?"

"What?"

"Study during summer"

"Oh hell no. That's something only my brother would do"

"Putting your brother aside, studying actually really helps"

"Liar. You never even study" She says with a scoff

"Yeah, but we have different circumstances. I was born with a photographic memory. While you.." I trail away

"While I was born dumb?" She asks, raising her eyebrows in a mocking way

"No... I never said that. You were born with a - uhhh - not so photographic memory. You get what I mean?"

"No"

I look at her and firmly close my eyes and open them again to show my annoyance.

"All I'm saying is that-"

"Alright, alright, I get it. I was just joking. Here, let's continue" She says with a laugh, shoving the blue notebook towards my face.

"Ok. Let's try a different method. I'll say a word out loud and you explain to me what it means" I say, hoping for this to work out.

"Alright"

"What does the word 'chimney' mean?"

"'Chicken'? Isn't that some kina bird?"

"No, Cho, not 'chicken'. 'Chimney'"

"What the fuck is that?" She says, tilting her head to the side once again. I sigh and show her the notebook in which there is a photo of a chimney.

"Ohhh you should have said that!" Cho says, slapping my arm

"I did say that!"

"No, you didn't. You pronounced it wrong"

"How do you pronounce it then?" I ask, and scoff once Cho does it the right way.

"Huh, will you look at that. Photographic memories aren't always the solution" She says in between laughs, standing up hastily, knowing perfectly well that I will start running after her.

I follow her in a speedy run in the plain greenery of nature, laughing at her scared face.

Her dark hair flows perfectly behind her, brushing lightly against her face. Her beautiful eyes avoid me, and look for cover instead. Her lips are shaped into a smile, more mischievous than anything. Every part of her looks beautiful, under the light of the setting sun, and on top of the tall green grass.

That is, until she falls with a shout. I catch up to her and she that her knee is bleeding, its redness falling onto the grass

"How did that happen?"

"I don't know. I just tripped over something" she says in return, looking up at me with wide eyes.

"Alright, let's get you home," I say, helping her up "no more English for today at least"