her opinion

"What's got you so unfocused?" I hear Gyuvin ask in middle of math class. I look at him and shrug, because I really have no idea. I think its just a mix of different events that happened that make me so out of it. 

I'm trying to focus in class, I really am, but it's just not working. 

"Don't know" I reply. Gyuvin nods and goes back to sleeping on his table. If it were anyone else, the teacher would've screamed at them and gone absolutely ballistic. But with Gyuvin, she's already so used to it and tired of sending him to the office, that she's completely given up on him. Lucky Gyuvin.

"Hanbin? Did you understand?" I hear the teacher say loudly. I suddenly notice that I've been daydreaming this whole time. I snap out of it in time and nod my head vigorously

"Yes! Yes, I understand" I say, trying to sound confident 

"Great! That means that you can work out the answer on the board, right?" She asks

Now that's where all my confidence leaves my body

"Uhh, yes, of course" I respond. The teacher nods and I immediately start writing on a paper, writing down whatever came up on my stupid brain

"So, what's the answer?" I hear her ask. I look up stressed and look around the room

"25.67?" I ask. I suddenly hear Gyuvin snorts beside me, and I notice that he hasn't been sleeping at all during class. He could've helped me, that coward

"Hanbin, tell me how you got that answer" Says the teacher

"I- uh - I need to go the bathroom miss" I say, jumping from my seat and racing out of the classroom. I hear some people giggle, but I don't really care. They all like me one way or another so I don't need to worry about them talking behind my back. At least they like me because of my actual personality, not like Hao.

Talking about Hao, who the hell does he think he is? Talking badly about me and all that. I was just trying to be nice. All I was doing was thanking him, and all he did was being rude and telling me that I get on his nerves. So much for a perfect boy.

As I walk aimlessly through the hallways for a few minutes, people around my age start streaming into the hallways, running away from their finished classes. I look at them, bored, and having nothing to do. I guess I'll just skip the rest of my classes. 

Math unmotivated me.

As some people pass, some smile at me, while others judge me. I guess that's just how people are. That is, until I see Hao walking out with some guy. He looks so happy with him. I wonder if that's the guy that Cho talked to me about. She said that he's the only friend that Hao has that knows his true personality and all. 

I guess it's him, since Hao looks so comfortable around him. All of a sudden, the boy says something, and something surprising happens. 

Hao laughs, a real laugh

His smile, his actual one, it's different. I used to think the fake one looked so genuine, but looking at the real one right now, it feels different. In a sort of way, it's... beautiful. His laugh, it's not pretty like his fake one, it's more contagious than anything. It's a clumsy kind of laugh, one that's funny that you don't want to laugh at a joke, but more at the way Hao laughs.

It feels new, and different. And it feels refreshing in a sort of way.

I don't dare approach them, since I know Hao will go crazy and punch me or something. But that doesn't stop me from watching them from afar. There's something about Hao that I don't understand. And it's not like I care about him or anything, but it annoys me how hard he tries. It just looks so natural, but knowing that it's not how he actually is, just annoys me. 

"Bin? What're you doing here?" Immediately from hearing both the voice and the nickname, I know who it is. I turn around 

"I don't know. Just hanging around" I say. Camille nods and smiles

"Alright then. Don't you have class after this though?"

"Yeah. I'm not going though" I say. Luckily, Camille doesn't ask for an explanation. If she did, I would've had to tell her about the whole math situation, and then she would've wanted to tutor me again. Now that, that's what I consider worse than being punched by Hao. 

We both stay in silence, which I find quite weird coming from Camille, but I don't really mind it at all. 

Suddenly, I notice Jude coming out of a classroom, luckily not being followed by anyone. I get off of the wall I was leaning on and walk towards her, thankful to get away from Camille. Jude notices me but doesn't do anything as I approach her. She just stops walking and waits for me to arrive. 

"Jude. Why didn't you tell me what happened with Yujin?" I ask, keeping my distance, aware that she could've been scared of physical touch all along

"I didn't feel like it. I felt like being angry at you"

"So just because you wanted to be angry, you decided to not tell me something important?"

"I meant some of the things I said" Says Jude, looking at me, face expressionless 

"And so did I" I respond, half defendant, and half feeling pure disappointment 

"We'll talk about it when we get home. For now, I have something to do" Jude says. I feel like she would be a great businesswoman, for some reason. I nod and watch, to my surprise, how my sister walks up to Hao. I'm too far away to listen to what she says, but once she finishes talking, Hao smiles and pats her head, almost as if she were a child. He tells her something and she nods smiling back at him. Then, she turns around and walks back to me

"Cho's nice, I know she is. But Hao is better" and with that, she leaves

Sorry I didn't update earlier! I was scuba diving in the morning so I couldn't update at that time, but here I am

So, what do y'all think of Jude? Do you like her or not

Personally I have mixed feelings towards her character, even tho I like her quite a lot

(stream 'fire' by seventeen)