Curiosity #3

Situation 3 - curiosity

"Sorry, but I really don't like that Camille girl," Cho says as we walk to her house.

"No need to be sorry. You're not the only one who dislikes her I'm telling you," I muffle out, midway into biting a muffin I recently bought.

"then why did you invite her?"

"I didn't. She invited herself" I say 

"I guess so. How do we tell her to stop coming though?"

"We just don't. She actually needs help with English, so I need to help her either way."

"Yeah, but can't you teach her separately from me? I really can't put up with her," she asks, frowning at the thought of Camille.

"Cho, I also have a life," I say, laughing "I'm not exactly fond of the idea to have to teach two people at separate times."

"Right, sorry," Cho says. I smile at her and pat her arm to assure her that it didn't bother me. Cho takes her keys out and opens the door wide enough for both of us to enter at the same time.

"Choooo? Are you home?" I hear Hao's shout from upstairs

"Yeah" Cho shouts back

"I left some snacks for you at the table! I'll be right down!" Hao shouts once again. Cho doesn't answer but smiles instead.

"Your brother leaves food for you to eat?" I ask, surprised

"Yeah, most of the time. Your sister doesn't?" She replies, visibly confused that Jude doesn't do the same

"Not at all. To be honest, no siblings do that." I reply. Cho frowns and looks down, trying to take off her shoes

"Really? I guess it's just Hao then."

"So you guys do get along?" I say

"Oh my god Hanbin, don't start with this again," Cho says, throwing one of her shoes at me.

"I wasn't saying anything!" I say, laughing while dodging her second shoe that's aimed toward my face.

"Sure you weren't. Look, Hanbin, Hao and I do have a good relationship, there are just a lot of things we don't like each other for. For me, he's too perfect, and for him, I'm too much of a wannabe." Cho says, walking towards the kitchen.

"Why does he think that you're a wannabe?" I ask, following her down the hallway

"I don't wanna talk about it," she replies "Do you want ice cream or chips?"

"Ice cream is fine."

"Ice cream it is"

I sit down on a chair while she takes out two bars of ice cream, handing me the vanilla one while she eats the things that Zhang Hao left for her to eat. As we eat in silence, I hear someone quietly walking down the stairs, only for it to be Hao. He walks into the room, looking at his phone, where some music is blasting through at high volume. He lowers the volume a bit before entering the kitchen.

"How was your day, Cho?" He asks, walking up to the fridge weirdly. He probably doesn't notice me here.

"Fine" Cho whispers out, probably embarrassed at her brother's behavior.

"Yeah? What classes did you-" Zhang Hao stops midway in his sentence and starts shaking his hand up and down "Cho?"

"Hm?"

"Did you take the last vanilla ice cream stick?" he asks, his voice getting concerningly low. I freeze midway in licking the ice cream and turn around to him. I notice he has turned around and has already seen me