intro

I scratch my head as I look at the math paper. Something I've never been good at is math. Numbers don't seem like anything to me but just something to make people's lives hell. Like, I know this is everyone's question, why can't we just use a calculator? The last question holds me in hesitation while the others are alright. If I have the wrong answer and I get something under 50% my parents will, quite literally, kill me. The bell gives three piercing screams and I write the last answer quickly. I know it might be wrong but I would rather answer everything than not put anything down. I walk slowly towards Mrs. Nuyin's table and hand the paper in. She stares at me and then at the paper for a few seconds before nodding and waving her hand so I'll leave. I reluctantly leave the classroom with a groan. Ricky is waiting for me beside my locker and he pats me in the back.

'From that face I can guess you don't think you did too well for the math exam?'

'No kidding,' I look around and see that the hallway is empty 'seriously, who's idea was it to invent math' Ricky laughs and pats me on the back.

'Cheer up, summer is coming in a few days and we'll get to do whatever we want.'

'That only applies for you'

'Come on, can't you take a break for a while?' I shake my head 'you're no fun.' He gives a pout and pushes himself off of the lockers.

He has a rightly slim face and blonde hair that is obviously dyed. His eyes are small but match his face perfectly. His lips are equally placed with the upper lip and the under lip. I'm not so surprised when all the girls fight for him. I never dyed my hair, nor had the same perfect face as he has, but you can't tell me I don't look decent. I have black hair and dark brown. I have almost the same shape of lips as those of Ricky, except that my lower lip is just slightly more plump.

We walk down the corridor to go to chemistry class. This is my least favorite class, besides math. 

I dream of being a architect but my parents say that there is no room for dreams. There is only room for money. So technically, they expect me to work as a surgeon or something like that. I don't want to.

As we round the corner, Camille and Lori join us. They give us a big, hopeful, happy smile. They look so genuine to the point where I nearly forget to gag. These two girls have been following us since the start of the year. Camille, to get us to make her popular or whtever, and Lori just wants our attention on her ass. The fantasies Lori has on her mind are something even I don't want to imagine. I have to agree, she is certainly good-looking but she just annoys me so much I have the feeling that all that takes her good looks away.

'Hanbin~' Camille grabs my arm and squeezes it gently 'I won't ask you to hang out today. I just want you to tell me if you need me to do your math homework,' she gives me a slight nod from her head and then smiles again 'I noticed you're having a lot of... difficulty'.

'I'm fine, thank you' I say, giving a slight polite smile. Camille gives a small pout and stops grabbing my arm.

"How can I make you my friend?" She says with a whine. I look down at her small face and suddenly feel a certain feeling of sympathy. I give her a pat in the back and smile.

"I'm pretty busy at the moment. Maybe if you want you can have a coffee with me and I can decide if I'm still busy or not" Ricky stares at me and I feel the smirk forming on his face. He leans closer to my ear.

"So much for having a calm summer" he whispers and I nudge him.

"I didn't mean it that way. I mean for her to help me in math" I hiss. I turn towards Camille and don't bother to smile again. Her green eyes stare up at me with happiness and both sides of her mouth are turned up.

"When?"

"How about today after school?" I tell her. She opens her mouth but instead of saying anything, she nods her head violently. Then, she takes Lori's hand and drags her away from us. We stay silent for a few seconds and then Ricky sighs.

"Man, I hate those two," he frowns and looks back at the two whispering girls a few meters away from us "why did you say that? Now they'll be bothering us even more"

"I don't know. I mean, she is actually really good at math so it's a way to take advantage of that." I say. I look at him and give him a smile

"You should try to study too. Have you seen your grades?" Ricky frowns and starts walking towards the chemistry class.

"Summer is to relax. I'm not gonna use that time to study" I shrug and follow him. Chemistry is the last room in the hallway and it always bothers me how far away it is from the other buildings. Ricky opens the door and we walk quietly inside. The room is full and there are only a few seats left. The right side of the classroom is filled with our friends. Ricky and I take seats at the back of the class where the chemistry supplies are. Jiwoong walks towards us and claps Ricky in the back.

"We're going to the beach for summer. Wanna come with?" He asks. I glance at the others from across the room and frown. I don't want to spend my precious time with some spoiled kids. Ricky looks at me with desire and I shrug.

"You can do whatever the hell you want. I'm going to be busy anyways" I say. Ricky frowns and looks at Jiwoong.

"Sure, why not." I knew he wanted to go but I didn't think he would actually ditch me. I give a small careless look towards him and lean into my chair. Jiwoong claps his back again and turns towards the others again. Ricky gives a small grin towards the others and then turns his head towards me.

"You really don't mind me going?"

"Why should I?" I ask, not making eye contact.

"Because you might not want to be alone"

"Are you calling me lonely?" I raise one eyebrow at him and he laughs. It's his turn to give me a clap on the back.

"Not lonely, just alone" I shake my head and take my physics books out of my bag. 

As I pull at my experiment notebook, a red envelope flies along with it, putting its edge touch the floor first before its rest. I look around to see if Ricky saw it. His head is turned to a new girl in our class. She has a big smile plastered on her face and I notice it isn't directed to him. I look behind me and remember that the only thing next to me is the wall. I look back at her and give her a polite smile in return. 

I pick up the envelope and rip it open. It has a white, small, folded paper inside. I bite my lip and turn my head around to the girl again. This time, she looks directly at me. I decide to ignore her and look back at the envelope. I unfold the small piece of paper and rest my hand on it, covering the words from everyone else in the class. 'Meet me at the art room at lunchtime'. I honestly really want to go to fill in a few papers for my project so I have no interest in seeing someone in the art room. 

I sigh and stand up to put the rest of my books on my desk. One of my biggest concerns is that my curiosity always gets the best of me on any occasion. I mean, homework can wait right? Ricky turns to me and slaps the back of my head.

"This summer, I'll finally have a chance to find myself a girl" He sighs with satisfaction and leans against his chair. I roll my eyes.

"You're talking like you never got asked out by a bunch of girls and you never rejected them" I say. He blows at a strand of hair on his face.

"None of them interested me"

"So how do you know that the ones over at the beach will interest you?"

"I don't. I just wish with my full heart" I smirk and sit straight up as I hear footsteps coming towards our classroom. Ricky places his bag on the desk and lays down on it, his face facing me. He gives me a wink and I roll my eyes once again.

That's it for today!

Honestly I'm pretty satisfied with this chapter 

Also, happy late birthday Hanbin ♡

Anyways, wish me luck, Imma go study for science

(stream s-class by stray kids 😍)