The Concert | 57

*

**

***

**

*

Today is the day. The day of the concert and the day that DeadShot will leave me.

I don't even think I should get attatched to these Wally's anymore because they all end up leaving me in the end.

I haven't even talked to him since the day I met Narco. I'm not sure where he went, or even Narco for that matter, but it's whatever.

" Look at you, Y/n, all dolled up..!" Poppy exclamied as she took a step back, admiring how she had done my hair.

It was kinda like Daphne from Scooby Doo's, but it had a spin on it to look like my usual style. The outfit I was wearing was a sparklie mini dress with stars, and it was blue and purple with hints of silver.

" Thank you again, Poppy. You always have a lovely outfit for me to wear." I gave her a genuine smile and stood up to look at myself in the mirror. " I think we're ready.. you look amazing, by the way." I geistured over towards Poppy.

She had her hair in some sort of afro-ish mowhawk. Her eye shadow was rainbow, and her dress was covered in rainbow feathers.

" Nah, you're just saying that, but it's about time to go. " She grabbed her white purse, and we walked to the giant stage that was built over the course of five days.

There were lots and lots of rows of seats, and if it wasn't a Wally filling the seat, it was a neighbor. I was surprised by the fact that there were so many Wally's. Like, I knew there were a bunch of them, but this is like 5000.

" What a large turnout.. but where are these Wally's coming from?" Poppy used her mom-voice. " I'm sure it's just the flowers and fishes, like at the ball, y'know?" I lied as I felt her grip tighten on my hand out of fear for my safety. " It's alright, Poppy..trust me.." I looked her dead in the eyes, and so she listened.

I found a seat next to Rainbow Factory Wally, but Poppy insisted on sitting in between us.

" Hello, Y/n..and your....Polly..correct? Or maybe..Pulali...? Or uh...Poppy...? " He asked, thinking really hard. All of the neighbors were workers at his laboratory, but he didn't pay attention to anything but the thing's he cares about, so he didn't really know their names.

" Poppy...." She whispered and kept her head forward. I, however, was trying to have a conversation with him literally behind her back. Like we had to lean over behind her to talk.

" So, how's it going? I see you have a beard growing. " I asked the scientist with a smile. " Good, good.. I just recently got over my wife's passing, and it's all thanks to you. " He took my hand in his and gently caressed it.

" You're so much like her..so I see her in you, and it makes me realize that she wouldn't want me to still be hung up over it -"

" Cut out thst mushy gushy stuff! Her heart is reserved for the real Wally!" Poppy slapped his hand away from mine and leaned back so we couldn't communicate how we previously were.

" ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ᴜᴘ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ...ʀᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴀᴘᴘʟᴇꜱ! "

A voice boomed over the speakers as a fancy selection of lights casted over the audience. That was then followed by cheers, and a familiar Wally taking his seat on the right of me.

" You idiot, you left me for five freaking day -"

" Shh, the show is starting..!" He interrupted me and pointed forward at the stage.