Illicit Affairs

~ "and now that i know, i wish you'd left me wondering" ~

Aria

"Aria I'm so glad you cameeee" Iris drunkenly slurs as she wraps her arms around my waist. "I feel like I never see you anymore"

I chuckle and hug her back with the hand that's not holding my solo cup. I kiss her on top of her head, before downing the rest of my drink.

"I need a refill!" I shout over the blaring music.

"Okay! I want more juice anyway!"

Iris and I hold hands and move through the masses of people, into the kitchen where the drinks are. I feel my eyes light up when I spot a bottle of tequila, and then somehow I managed to trip over my own feet, but grabbed the counter nearby to keep me from falling. Damn how am I already this drunk? I hear Iris chuckle at my fall, before she randomly gasps and drops her empty cup.

"NO FUCKING WAY!"

I look up after I've steadied myself, and what I see makes me gasp as well. Goddamn Garret has none other than Aurora's legs wrapped around his waist, holding her up on a counter while they play tonsil tennis.

"You're shitting me." G and Aurora stop sucking face as soon as they hear Iris shout, and then their eyes fall onto me. G looks almost a little guilty. "And how long has this been going on?" I ask.

"Shit Aria. I didn't even know you were here yo," G mumbles, scratching his bald head. I roll my eyes and look at Aurora.

"Only like a few weeks.. I was gonna mention it to you, I swear! I just haven't really seen you lately," Aurora says.

"Yeah man, I seriously haven't actually talked to you in a minute, you know I would've told you."

"Nah that's valid, can we talk about that for a sec?" Iris interjects. "What the fuck have you been doing?"

I take a deep breath and pour myself more liquor. I down a mouthful, cringing at the burning feeling.

"I'm not mad," I say, ignoring their statements. "I think it's sweet."

Aurora and G visibly relax.

"Plus, it's not like you're all required to tell me who you're hooking up with. Lord knows I don't tell y'all plenty of shit.." I mumble the last part.

"Thank God. And it's really nothing serious, we're just having fun!" Aurora says. G blushes at her statement and I can't help but smile at how cute he is when he's in love.

"Well I think it's weird!" Iris gives her input. I chuckle and pat her on her head.

"No one asked you babe.." I whisper into her ear. Someone's gotta keep her humble.

"What are you keeping from us?" Aura suddenly asks.

"Huh?" I play stupid.

"You said 'lord knows I don't tell y'all plenty of shit'," she recalls. I feel myself turn red as I try to think of a lie.

"Oh, uhm-"

"Is it a girl?!" Iris asks. "It is isn't it?!?"

I scoff and try to play dumb.

"Yo, that actually makes a lot of sense. You're hooking up with someone aren't you? It explains why we never see you, and why you were acting like an alcoholic drug addict awhile ago." G pipes in. I roll my eyes.

"No you guys, it's nothing. I'm not hooking up with anyone."

Before this conversation can get any more awkward, the song ends and a new melody blares on the speakers. One of my favorite rap songs begins to play, causing my face to light up.