My Darling

~ "and i've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime, and i'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine" ~

It doesn't make sense that the woman that I fall in love with is 17 years older than me, married, and a teacher at my school. But then again a lot of things in my life don't make sense. Like the fact that aforementioned woman happens to be a morning person, while I however, am not. I'm in wrapped up in Vera's comfy sheets, just enjoying my slumber, until she decides to whack me with a pillow. Hard. I wake up quickly and sit up to see her smirking at the end of the bed.

"Verena Felicity Inez Avila what the fuck is your problem?!" I shout as I full-name the woman. Rubbing my weary eyes, I try not to be too grouchy to her. "Unless you're about to take your top off, I'm going back to sleep" I yawn.

"I have to clean the house, and you're helping" she states. "Also it's already 10 o'clock. Get the fuck up." Vera has a messy bun atop her head, some grey sweatpants, and a tight camisole covering her perfect body. I groan and roll out of bed, because I know that fucking with her when she's like this would be extremely dumb. She goes downstairs and Elody and Haven dash in.

"Hey guys!" I say, standing up, now more alert.

"Aria!" the littlest Avila shouts before attacking me with a hug. I smile and pick Haven up, also ruffling Elody's blonde head of hair.

"My mommy said you're having a sleepover here!" Elody exclaims.

"Your mommy is right, is that ok with you?" I ask. She rapidly nods her head and I smile. "Why don't you go make a list of all the fun stuff you wanna do Elody?"

"Okay!!" she shouts, before running out of the room. Haven still on my hip, I go into the bathroom and use my new toothbrush that Vera bought for me for when I stay here.

The five year old and I go downstairs to find Vera folding laundry in the living room. She smiles widely when she sees us and I swear she even blushes a little. I set the child down and she says something about going to talk to her friend Carlos, and scurries off.

The living room has a very comfortable feeling to it now, Vera has opened all of the windows, bringing cool December air in and a strong stream of sunlight, and she has candles burning.

"I need you to vacuum" she demands. I raise my eyebrows at her and she rephrases. "Please, my darling Aria, vacuum the carpet?" She bats her lashes. I fold and get the vacuum from the closet. When I return, Vera has some random playlist blaring through the Alexa. The soft melody of "Stubborn Love" by the Lumineers fills the illuminated living room. I vacuum the carpet while Vera moves on to dusting surfaces.

As I move the surprisingly quiet machine back and forth, my eyes drift to the woman who has been haunting me for several months now. She looks ethereal, even though she's sporting her cleaning clothes and messy bun. Her porcelain skin glows under the stream of sunlight, and I can actually feel my heart rate increase. She smiles to herself softly and almost sways to the melody. She fucking makes the act of dusting attractive.

Vera finally feels my eyes on her and looks up at me, smile painting her lovely face. "What are you staring at?"

"You are so beautiful" I say, turning the vacuum off. Then I get a strong sense of deja vu, and suddenly I'm on the porch with Vera under the sky full of stars, hopelessly lusting for a woman who I believed had absolutely no feelings for me. If only I could go back and tell her that it wasn't one sided.

Vera flushes pink and tucks away a loose strand of brown hair. I step closer to the woman and shamelessly grab her face in my hands, kissing her hard. Vera wraps an arm around the back of my neck and kisses back, dropping the fluffy duster to the floor. I start to kiss down her neck in all of her ticklish spots, eliciting adorable laughs from her. Her melodic laughs are like honey and I can't help but smile into her neck.