I Think of You With Nothing On

~ "and i see forever in your eyes" ~

I wake up with a parched throat, a pounding headache, and the worst nausea ever. I groan and stretch my weary body. Pulling some crushed plastic cups out from under me, I try to recall where the hell I am. Sunlight streams through the bleak room, making me hiss like a vampire. I make an attempt to get up, and a wave of vertigo hits. I push through and pull myself to my feet. I wander around the empty house that's practically destroyed at this point. There's some kids passed out here and there, but I don't see Iris. Whatever, I'll walk home. Before I make my exit, I spot some huge dark sunglasses on the kitchen counter, so I steal those and begin to walk home.

My mouth feels like a goddamn desert by the time I get home, and I'm surprised I haven't barfed yet. I pass the Avila's, hoping to just make it inside my house without any conversation. But unfortunately, Vera is outside tending to her garden. She quickly spots me and does a double take when she sees my disheveled state. I'm sure I look very frightening with my humongous sunglasses, my frizzy rat's nest of hair, my wrinkled pants, and my tank top that's slipping off my shoulder. I lost my jacket at some point last night I guess.

"Fun night?" she teases, standing up from her garden.

"I don't remember" I say back. She just chuckled.

"Is your mom home? Do you need me to make you something to eat or drink? You look really pale." Her maternal instincts are obviously kicking in.

"Oh I think I'll be fine" I say, then promptly stumble as I try to walk to my house. She rolls her eyes and walks over to me.

"Too stubborn to ask for help huh?" She grabs my arm and helps get me inside. Vera gets me situated on my couch and I take this moment to notice how beautiful she looks. Her hair is down and she isn't wearing any makeup, but she still stuns. I'm sure I look like a drowned puppy. I take off my sunglasses and groan at the brightness of the living room. "Are racoon eyes a new trend?" Vera asks. I'm sure my loads of eyeliner is looking great right now. I just groan louder and try to make the room stop spinning. I hear footsteps walking around, so Vera must be doing something. Suddenly a cold, wet cloth is on my forehead. I jump at first, but relax more when I feel a soft, delicate hand pushing my hair out of my face. I hesitantly open my eyes, only to be greeted with big blue ones looking over my features as if she was going to memorize each and every one.

"You don't have to take care of me" I whisper because of her close proximity. "I've been doing it myself for years."

"I want to, Aria. You shouldn't have to take care of yourself." She speaks in the softest tone I've ever heard. Again with the fucking eye contact! I feel like this bitch is Medusa because I swear I turn to stone every time I look at her. All I can do in response is chew on my lip and ask God why he sent this angel to me.

"You know, I didn't think you'd be stupid enough to drink like this. Your brain isn't even fully developed yet" Vera says.

"If you have any better coping strategies to get my brain to shut the hell up, I'd love to hear 'em" I say. Vera just rolls her eyes.

An hour or so passes and the nausea subsided, after Vera made me a grilled cheese of course. She still hasn't left my side, right now she's cozied up on the other couch watching I Love Lucy. I sort of watch it too, but in an alcohol induced haze. Suddenly she pauses it and turns to start a conversation.

"I have a question" she says. "Your boyfriend seems like a cunt."

"That's not a question it's a statement" I tease.

"Okay I guess my question is, why are you dating him if he's so rude?" Fuck. I could tell her the truth and risk her pushing me away and telling the church or something, or I could lie.