I Need to Start Going to Church

~ "cause it's always one step forward, and three steps back" ~

I sat at a table on the balcony of our apartment, sipping my iced coffee and admiring the view of the space needle, the puget sound, and all of the tall buildings. My mom and I were renting an apartment while we're in Seattle, but so far it feels like I'm living alone. She's been busy with work and we haven't talked a whole lot. We did speak on the plane ride, she asked about Michael, but I couldn't delve into too many details since I was scared for my life (I've never flown before!)

Mom doesn't know how long we're going to be here, so for the time being I'm doing my school online, and spending my free time exploring. As long as I'm back by 7 so we can eat dinner together, she doesn't care what I do during the day.

I deeply inhale the salty air, and finally stand up to go back inside. I check my phone and mindlessly scroll through insta.

vera.a25

my twin flames.

I smile to myself, I miss those two goofballs

I smile to myself, I miss those two goofballs. I also, unfortunately, miss their mother. She plagues my every waking thought, and even when I'm sleeping, she invades my dreams. The smile falls from my face at the thought of the woman I want the most, but can never have.

I distract myself by grabbing my skateboard (which was a huge pain to get through TSA) and leaving the apartment complex. I decide to skate around the city some.

"Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star comes on through my headphones, and I take a deep breath. I push off on my board and go as fast as possible down the vacant sidewalk. The breeze penetrates my messy hair and hits my skin, making me shiver. As I'm skating, the sun begins to set and I have the perfect view of the city. I go down this long sidewalk that's next to a beach, and I glance at the sky when I'm not pushing on my board.

Eventually, I get tired and take a break. I kick up my board and walk over to the fence to watch the sun set. The horizon is covered with buildings and it's so captivating that I have to take a picture. I take a couple and smile to myself, because I still can't believe that I'm here. And even better, at the moment I'm not even thinking about you know who.

sk8ergrl_aria

i could get used to this view.