Space

~ "I never wanted anything so much, than to drown in your love" ~

Vera's POV

I'm working on grading some papers when I hear a knock at the door. Who the hell would come to my house? I put the papers on my desk and go downstairs to get it.

"I swear to fuck if it's those goddamn Girl Scouts again...."

I open the door to see Sean standing there looking tipsy and angry, never a good combination.

"I lost my key" he mumbles, before shoving by me into the house. I roll my eyes and shut the door.

————————————————————————

"You spent how much on curtains?! Vera..we already have goddamn curtains!"

"I know we already have curtains but the ones we have now make our house look cheap!!"

"Are you fucking calling my house cheap?! You fucking bitch!" Sean grabs my wrist, turns it behind my back, making me wail in pain. He violently pushes me against the wall. My cheek collides with the drywall, making dust rain down onto the flooring. He hasn't gotten this angry before, to the point of abusing me. He just came home this afternoon angrier than I've ever seen him, then saw the curtains I just bought, and flipped out. I'm terrified, but all I can think about at the moment is I hope to God that my girls aren't watching.

"I bet you won't spend my money on stupid expenses again, dumb bitch" Sean whispers right in my ear. Tears fall from my eyes and I can't help but wonder why now. Why is he only now becoming violent. Sean grips my wrist tighter and I fear that he's going to break it. Thankfully, his phone rings and distracts him. He shoots me a nasty look, before aggressively flinging my arm against the wall and walking to get his phone. I cry out as soon as he lets go and my legs give out. He leaves the house, still on the phone, and I sob silently on the floor, gripping my bright red wrist.

I hear tiny footsteps on the staircase. Elody and Haven come into the living room and pause in their path when they see me.

"...Mommy? What's wrong?" Elody asks. I quickly compose myself, wipe my tears, and pick my body up off the floor.

"Nothing baby. What do you girls want for dinner?" They both immediately cheer up.

"Mac and Cheese!" Haven shouts. I chuckle some.

"Okay, I can make that happen."

Aria's POV

After sleeping off my hangover, I feel a little better. I slept from 4 pm to 6 am, and was woken up by my alarm. I hop in my shower and rinse off the odor of booze and cigarettes. In the shower, I think about my conversation with Vera, and a feeling of guilt settles in my stomach. I was so mean to her. It was partially the leftover alcohol in my system talking, but I was also pissed that she wasn't willing to drop everything and fully involve herself with me. Whatever, all that is in the past now because I've decided to move forward, and also drink less. After flashing my tits to everyone at that party, I realized I might have a tiny problem with alcohol, so I'm going to try to limit myself more.

I pick out a decent looking outfit, black jeans with a crème sweater. Then I do some minimal makeup, put in my curl products, dry my hair, and I'm ready to face the day. Until my phone rings, and I see Mother flash across the screen. Fuck.

"Yes?"

"I hope you're doing alright. Look, my job gave me an assignment in Washington for a couple weeks, and I was thinking I'd bring you as well, if you're interested."