You Like How Stubborn I Am

~ "baby i'm yours" ~

Monday morning came way too fucking fast. My last semester of high school. I woke up a little earlier than usual and actually put effort into my appearance. I picked out a dark sweater, paired with some Levi's, applied just mascara, and made sure my curls were perfect.

I have no clue how today is going to go, since Vera is my teacher now. I'm actually terrified to be honest. This just makes our relationship a whole new level of wrong.

I make myself an iced coffee and head outside to my new car.

I still just have a permit and I'm technically only supposed to drive with a licensed driver, but I think as long as I don't kill anyone it'll be fine.

My mom finally left last night on one of her trips, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy to have the house to myself again. I've gotten used to it, and it's a lot easier to be alone than to play make believe with her, pretending we're the perfect family.

On the drive to school, I shuffle Taylor Swift songs to bring my mood up a bit. Yes I'm a Swiftie, moving on.

I arrive to school on time, and check my schedule while I put shit in my locker.

1st hour - French 1
2nd hour- Painting 2
3rd hour- Precalculus
4th hour- Drawing 3

6th hour- Composition
7th hour- Ceramics 2

Thank god for an easy last semester. Besides precalc, I feel safe to say I'll be graduating in 18 weeks.

"Sup loser" I hear Garrett say as he approaches me. I smile at his presence.

"I haven't seen you in awhile boy, what've you been up to?" I say, closing my locker and facing him.

"The usual, drugs and alcohol, you know how I be-"

"Damn Aria. You look great. How'd you manage to get even more gorgeous over break?" a sleazy, disgusting voice says from behind me. Fucking Michael....

I turn to see him leaning against a locker and smiling seductively at me.

"Are you seriously trying to flirt with me right now? Didn't I dump you? Or am I losing my mind?" I say, now facing him. His greasy hair, oily face, and unshaven mustache make my stomach turn. How could I have ever gone out with that?

"Oh come on, Aria. Let me show you what you're missing.." he reaches around my waist and grabs a handful of my ass, a sick smile on his face. This fucker...

"Oh fuck no," G witnesses his assault and is quick to punch him square in the nose. I'm too shocked by the fact that Michael just had the audacity to lay a hand on me to even process the fact that Michael's nose is now bleeding and people are staring. Just as G winds up for another punch, I gently pull him back by his shoulder and mutter,

"I got this." Then, as Michael clutches his nose, I kick him hard in his groin, sending him falling backwards. "Don't touch what you can't afford asshole."

I check my surroundings and luckily no teachers are around, so I just dust my hands off and turn over my shoulder.

"See you G" I say, closing my locker. He's busy laughing at Michael, who is whimpering like a bitch.

Then Iris appears out of nowhere and starts walking with me.

"Did you just assault Michael in the middle of the hallway?" she asks.

"Maybe."

"I'm sure the douche had it coming" she shrugs, now too busy texting someone on her phone to care.