32

"Esmè be careful" I yelled behind the overly excited child

"Esmè be careful" I yelled behind the overly excited child. Ever since she got the news about our vacation she's been so happy and always mentioned her grandmother. She must be a very nice lady. I thought

She ran down the stairs and scurry outside with her nanny following behind. I was about to ask a question about the progress of our packing but got interrupted by my phone.

Do.... I mean Makayla's name flashed on my screen. I accepted her call and waited for her to speak. "Realizing who I am to you doesn't make me less of the Don Maja" she reminded me with an icy warning laced to her voice

"You have my respect don but I didn't take your calls last night because I had a lot to do, I'm a mother now" I reminded her of a fact that she probably forgot. "Don't forget you still have other duties aside being a mother"

"Why'd you call?"

"Fidel found out about Samantha and now she's in hiding" she informed. "Isn't that a good thing?" I questioned with a brow arched cause i couldn't seem to find a problem with that at the moment.

"In no way is it a good thing. Fidel acted rash by taking the case to the government authorities. Samantha isn't foolish, she obviously has a lot of men lurking around the city and probably wherever she is and that's very dangerous to our lives cause we'll never know when she'd strike and who would be her next victim. Be vigilant Maja, I'll handle things here in Ohio, you take care of Italy along with Riccardo. Elvis and Rocco will see Valencia through"

"And Martina?" I asked which made her go silent for a while. "She's doing okay but she still can't... "Believe it's Samantha behind all these" I completed and she gave no reply which was an indication that I was right.

"Her emotional drama is quite difficult to handle so good luck with her"

"Be careful over there Maja" she cautioned and hung up. "Mamá c'mon, the driver is waiting already" she pulled my wrist with all the energy she had in her petite body. Her excited state made me smile and I carried her in my arms.

We reached the spot where the cars were parked and the driver came to get the door for us after a polite greeting.

"Riccardo?" I asked about him.

"He said he'd meet you at the airport" i nodded and got into the car with Esmè comfortably sitting on my thighs. All through the drive she filled the car with her melodious voice as she sang along to the lyrics of the cartoons she was watching on her iPad.

We reached the airport and immediately she dashed out towards Riccardo who was waiting for us already. Our things were loaded into the jet thereafter we left.

For the first few minutes of our flight we didn't have a serious conversation prior to the fact Esmè was present. After she fell asleep I went to lay her in the bedroom and returned back to where we were.