10

"Daddy" she squealed as he picked her and threw her body up before catching her into his hold again

"Daddy" she squealed as he picked her and threw her body up before catching her into his hold again. Her excited laughter bubbled up from her belly and she nuzzled her sandy body into his.

"I see you've had enough fun today. Now we have to go home and get you all cleaned up, are you ready?" She nodded but like there was a bulb that lit up in her head a pout formed on her lips and she began playing with the chain on his neck.

"But you also promised we'd go shopping" he twirled her little index in his hand before kissing her knuckles. "Well that'd have to wait till the weekend and I promise I'll get you whatever you want" she smiled gratefully at him and kissed his cheek. "I love you papá" he reciprocated her words and hugged her.

I turned my face away from the beautiful duo to keep my emotions in check before I ended up spilling my eyes out.

"Ms Maja" i was lost in the cloud of my emotions that I didn't realize she had gotten down from his body and came to stand in front of me.

I forced a smile for her sake and lifted her body into mine. "What's wrong gem?" I questioned cause of the slight shift in her cheerful mood.

"Will you spend the day with us at our home?" I glanced at Riccardo for help cause I didn't want to make her sad with my reply and only he could make her understand.

"You see gem... "Hey princess, you don't have to feel sad alright cause she'd be spending the night at our place" my eyes automatically snapped to his with a glare shimmering in them.

A cocky smirk curved up on his lips and I wanted nothing more than to strangle the handsome beast. His confidence and arrogance irritated the fuck out of me and I couldn't object to what he told her cause I didn't have it in me to see her brown orbs getting glossy in disappointment.

"Yay, that'll be great. Thank you Ms Maja" she hugged my neck and pressed her lips to my cheek leaving me awestruck.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go" he led the way and all the while i kept glaring at his broad back while Esmeralda played with my hair.

I opened the back door of the car so I could rest her on the seat but she stubbornly shook her head and clung to my body like if she left me I'd disappear.

"I want to stay with you Ms Maja" I opened my mouth to convince her on why she should stay at the back but I snapped it shut when I realized there's nothing I'd say to make her leave me alone so I got into the car with her on my thighs.

On our way to their home she fell asleep on my body and I decided to use the opportunity to reprimand her father.

"You asshole" I hissed out and clench my nails into his strong arm that didn't seem to have an effect on him.

"Mind your words Regina, i don't want her hearing you" he cockily retorted without taking his eyes off from the road.

"Don't be a dick Riccardo, she's asleep" he finally looked at me then at a sleeping Esmeralda. "Well it doesn't matter cause Esmé tends to be a light sleeper and may be hearing all we say" I rolled my eyes and steered my head from his cocky face.