14

"Maja stop acting like a kid and get dressed we have to leave" she spoke with a tone of annoyance attached to her voice and I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time that week

"I made myself clear when I said I wouldn't be joining you for that stupid dinner whatsoever" i gritted out in irritation with a blaring glare staggering her way. Without further comments she strode towards me leaving me confused for a while.

"Save your attitude for someone else hermanita" she wrapped her hand around my wrist and pulled me out of the bed taking me off guard. "Martina for fuck sake..... "Don't try Maja, just get into your closet and get dressed, we'll be leaving in thirty minutes I'm waiting for you downstairs" not giving me a room for my tantrums she exited my bedroom leaving me beyond incensed.

I knew these were the moments she showed herself as the older one and also the moments where I have no control against my wishes or decisions and I hated these moments with every single fibre in me.

Not wanting to go through any of her emotional dramas i reluctantly strode to my closet to get ready. I settled in a dark purple dress, swung my curls up in a bun and left with just a sprinkle of my cologne not caring about putting any make up on.

...... we'd be there soon Aunt" whatever aunt Samantha said that made her smile remained oblivious to me. Years back I always wondered why my papà asked me to take care of her despite the veracity that she was older than I was. Now I see why.

Sometimes it feels like she's the spitting character of God after Jesus cause even through the greatest apocalypse in this cruel world she'd always remain optimistic, no matter how much you hurt Martina she'll always forgive and move on like nothing ever happened.

Martina is blessed with the heart of gold, while I believe in revenge she believes in forgiveness. I hold on to the past, she aims for the future with a clear heart which makes her special.

She's the only human in this world I can bet on my wealth and life to proof she is real which is why I'll treasure and protect her till my last breath.

"Good thing you didn't wear one of those your murky outfits" she remarked which got an eye roll from me. "Any more comment and I'd head back to my room" I shot out in chagrin which earned me a light chuckle and head shake.

"It'll be better if you're less grumpy you know" I said nothing and started leading the way out. A black Chevrolet car was waiting for us already and the moment we reached the car the driver got it for us.

All through the ride to the airport I kept my eyes glued to the road thinking of the events and the possibile out come of this short trip.

I was distracted by the ping sound from my phone. Riccardo's name popped up and I was quick to tap on the message.

"The first hearing will be on the Tuesday next week, we need to be ready Maja, I will see on Saturday at noon" the short yet informative text rung a bell in my ears. I shifted my gaze to Martina then back to the road view.