THIRTEEN

MAX'S POV

Today my body is becoming a little intoxicated
It is becoming fragrant,
I am thirsty
Fill me in your arms
I have a vow for you lover,
don't ever go far
This separation is saying,
come close to me...

The concert ended with the beautiful lines sung by none other than Kanan. She was a perfectionist when it comes to writing such beautiful lovable lines. Since the day she has entered our band, we are getting more and more fame! The whole crowd in the pub started to applaud and shriek "once more once more"!!! Rhea looked at all of us and smiled a big smile. Today's concert was at a famous pub owned by Ben's friend, Gautam!

The five of us went backstage and congratulated each other. The concert was a success. Rhea asked us to disperse quickly and tapped Kanan's shoulder sending her wishes to his husband. I was still not able to digest this fact. The makeup room started to get empty and that's when my eyes fell upon Kanan, who was coming out after washing her face.

She looked no less than a goddess with her hair strands a bit wet due to the water and her soft clear skin. She had such beautiful big eyes with long eye lashes. I can never stop falling for her. But the fact she was married and that the ring finger really meant the same thing, hurt me a lot.

I picked up my belongings and went out of the room leaving her alone all inside. I don't feel like facing her with this sad face and ruin her mood.

I went out to take a cab to reach my home.

AUTHOR'S POV

Happiness wasn't leaving Kanan's face from the moment the concert ended till she reached her Mansion. She was too happy and excited about her first concert and that had made her understand how good of a team they were! As soon as she opened the gate of the mansion she was amazed to see all the decorations and lights. Finally the mansion looked like it was some special occasion. There were lights all around, the mansion was bathed with lights. Viraj would be so happy to see all this, she wondered and stepped in.

"Mumma!" She went and hugged her mother in law who was cooking something in the kitchen. The aroma of Indian spices were in the air filling everyone's nostrils and making everyone hungry.

"Aww my baby!" She let a hand backwards and patted her cheek. She loved Kanan too dearly. She was meeting her after so long.

"Where's dad?" She asked happily and went to meet him upstairs.

Viraj's mom gave a final look at all the dishes she had prepared for her lovely son. Her eyes were filled with tears as her son was achieving so much and growing! She had prepared dahi bhalle, matar paneer, lauki ka kofta, pulao, naan, and gulab jamun. Everything was Viraj's favourite.

(Meanings:-
Dahi bhalle - fritters dunked in yogurt
Matar paneer - curry of peas and paneer/cottage cheese
Lauki ka kofta - curry made of bottle gourd fritters
Pulao - Fried rice with peas and green vegetables
Naan - a type of leavened bread, typically of teardrop shape and traditionally cooked in a clay oven
Gulab jamun - sweet confectionery or dessert)

There was cheerfulness and merriment all around and Viraj was in his car heading towards his home, unaware of everything which was happening there. For him it was just like any other day, going to work and coming back home. Kanan went to the dressing room to make herself look the most beautiful today.

She was looking the most beautiful today in a white dress with red Pola dots all over and the outstanding feature of the dress was the exposed tummy and the slit on her left leg. She applied a white nail paint, Matt read lipstick, and straightened her hair. "Almost perfect!" She smiled looking at her image in the mirror. Next she did her eye makeup, which was looking like cherry on top.