NINE

KANAN'S POV

"Phew it's done!" I sighed a breath of relief and stretched my body backwards to relax on the chair. I removed the headphones from my head and smiled at my new accomplishment. Finally I had adjusted the tunes with the lyrics. It felt so good. I gave a look at other cabins, there was no one to be found. Rhea and others had left very soon today.

I got up from my chair and picked up my mug from the table. It had few remains of the fifth mug of coffee I had just a few minutes ago. Viraj has gone on a business trip for two three days so I don't know when he's going to come back and that's why staying late and overtime working at the office doesn't trouble me.

As I walked to the kitchen and took out the dishwash bar to clean the mug, I could hear someone coming inside the kitchen. "Whose there?" I turned around picking up the pan on my side.

"Hey chill!" It was Max. He was smiling at me.

"Gods Max!" I kept a hand on my chest. "Do you know how much you scared me?"

"But I didn't even do anything Kanan." He smiled. His hands were behind his back. He was hiding something from me.

"What are you doing here at this time?" I asked him, wearing the apron before I started to clean the mug.

"I was supposed to ask you this question? What are you doing here at this time of the night?" He said and came near me.

I cleaned the mug and kept it on the side of the sink. "I was just packing up!" I grinned at him and went to wipe my hands with the towel.

"You done?" He asked.

"Yes, the song is matched with the lyrics!"

"You're so quick. You're a genius man!" He chuckled. "Our band will get more fame just because of you."

I smiled at his sweet compliment and went to my cabin to get my stuffs. When I came out, he was still sitting there on the slab of the kitchen. I squinted my eyes and looked at him, "What are you waiting for?"

"Nothing. It isn't safe for you to go home late at night alone."

"It's my fourth day doing this!" I smiled and packed my things and carried my bag. I again noticed, he was hiding something.

"What's in your hands ?" I asked and he beamed at me.

He forwarded me the gift. "Just a token of appreciation for you. Rhea asked me to give this to you!"

A smile came on my lips. "Seriously?!" I yelled in excitement. "Rhea could give me something! Sounds strange na."

He didn't say much and locked the door of the office behind my back. I unwrapped the gift because I couldn't wait to see what was inside. It was a box of chocolates. Cute! I smiled to myself. It was Viraj's favourite chocolate. We'll eat it together.

"How is it?" Max asked.

"It's my favourite chocolate!" I said to him.

Soon we both were walking together towards the bus stop. "Max, who do you have in your family?" I asked, as being silent while walking was not my thing.

"Umm... Just me and my sister!" He said.

"What about mom and dad?" I sat on the seat of the queue.

He stood there before me. His hands in his pocket. The wind was really chilly today. He went silent for some time. His silence was a proof that my question wasn't appropriate.

"I'm sorry." I said and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"No worries, Kanan!" He sat beside me.

Time was ticking away and the two of us kept talking to each other a lot. I came to know about how he came to the USA, he was from the UK. He loved Flora his sister a lot and they have a dog too, whose name was cloudy. Soon the bus came, and the two of us went inside.

MY DEAR || A beautiful Arranged Marriage~ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें