FOURTEEN

KANAN'S POV

"Mumma are you alright!" I was worried as I saw her fainting.

"Mom!" I hurried towards her and taking her head in my lap started to pat her cheeks. What the heck?! Mom had decided to clean the kitchen with me as it was very dirty. After the preparations yesterday, all the boxes of spices were here and there so mom had decided to do the cleaning with me. She was a person who liked everything properly organized at their proper respective places.

"Kanan...", She whispered. I was hella troubled seeing her in this situation.

"What happened mom? Say something!" I made her sit there.

"Beta, take me to my room!" She said.

With the help of dad, I took mom to her room. I switched on the air conditioner and the room got cooled. I brought a glass of strawberry milk and some cake from mom.

"How are you feeling now?" I said and sat beside her.

"Nothing beta (daughter), just a little bit tired!" She gave a faint smile.

"Thank God mom, I got so worried. Please next time you're not going to do all these things okay!" I gave her the milk.

She smiled and nodded drinking the shake. "Dad, it's been a long time, you both should shift here with us!"

"We would love to Kanan. My office is very far from this house. In two years I'll retire, after that we will shift here." He said. There was sense in his words.

I sighed a breath of relief and made mom comfortable. I closed the curtains and was about to leave when she stopped me.

"Come here Kanan, I wanted to discuss some things with you."

There was a nervousness in my mind. What would she be wanting to discuss with me now? I went and sat near her. She took my hands in hers and looked in my eyes.

"I hope you're happy here?"

"Yes mom", I smiled. "Why won't I be?"

"If you ever feel alone daughter, you're always free to come to our house. That is also your home okay."

"Yeah mom absolutely!" I squeezed her hands lightly.

"What about relations between you and Viraj? Is everything good? Yesterday at the birthday party, you both seemed very happy together. I am very glad that you guys are getting closer!"

"Yes mom, everything has been so much better. We have confessed our love to each other!" I blushed.

She put her hand across my cheek lovingly. "I am so proud of my baby! Then when are you guys deciding to give us happy news!"

I knew where she was pointing at. Crimson color spread across my face as soon as she said that. Flashbacks of that sensual night were coming back to back in my head.

"Very soon mom!" I smiled and ran away from the room. She called my name many times after that and was laughing at me as well.

Coming back to my room I wondered if Viraj and I would also have kids some day. I am not a very big fan of babies and kids but how beautiful it would be to have one of our own. If it's a baby boy his name would be Vivan and if a girl, then Viraj gets to keep her name.

"What the hell kanan!" I patted my head, what was I even thinking? About kids for sake? I laughed at myself.

I looked at the clock, it was going to be one thirty soon. I should visit Viraj today with his lunch. Let's give him a surprise! I decided and went to the restroom to get ready.