SIX

KANAN'S POV

Days passed on very beautifully with Viraj by my side. I could have never asked for someone better than him for me. I washed the last slot of clothes left and started to put them one by one in the dryer.

I had never imagined that I would be doing all this stuff one day. Mom and dad have planned to gift me and Viraj a house on his coming birthday. It would be relaxing to have some comfort after long but I'm really going to miss this cute little home of ours.

"Kanan, daughter, you've been washing clothes since morning. Take some rest dear. What will your parents say if they see you like this, have they sent you here to do all these house chores?" Mom entered and said to me.

"Oh mom, they won't say anything. Please do not ask me to rest. It makes me feel happy to work for our home."

"Daughter but stil..."

I placed my hands on her shoulders and gently pushed her out of the washing area. "I'll do everything and then take a big nap, okay?"

She smiled at me and I again went back to wash the pending clothes.

Taking all the clothes, I went upstairs and started to put them one by one in the wiring and clothes stand. While returning downstairs, I saw a closed store room.

"Why haven't I seen it till now?" Thinking this, I went inside the store room but the things were very dusty.

There were boxes, old suitcases and baggage with layers of dust over them. I switched off an old lamp at the corner of the room and now things were clearly visible.

I went near the cupboard stacked with lots of books and diaries. Who could they belong to? I took out a book, it was a collection of poems by famous poets of the world. A smile came on my lips. There were diaries written by some kids and some drawings were also there. Who else could they belong to? It was all made by Viraj. I took one of them, it was an art book, which had paintings and scenery.

While I was busy sitting there adoring Viraj's childhood stuff, mom's voice made me come back to reality. "Kanan..." She was calling me.

Unluckily, I had to close each and everything and go downstairs.

Mom had made me my favourite creamy pasta. "Wow mom, this is so good!"

As soon as I took a bite of it, it melted in my mouth. She poured me a glass of orange juice and sat beside me. "Really?"

I nodded and ate another spoonful of it. Eating something made by mom's hand brought me immense pleasure. Not once in my life had my mom cooked something for me. Seeing Viraj's mom making me all these tasty stuffs to eat brought tears to my eyes.

"Why are you crying daughter?" She held my in her arms. I hugged her and the tears were u controllable.

"Mom, thank you so much for being like a mother to me and making me all this." I sniffled into her shirt.

"You're my daughter, just like Viraj is my son!" She hugged me tightly.

After a deal of hugging and kissing, she cupped my face in her hands and asked me something which made me shy and surprised.

"When are you planning to gift me with grandchildren honey?!"

Hearing this, my cheeks flushed red and I bit my lips.

"What happened Kanan?" She smiled at me. "Why don't you answer?"

"Mom actually....", I didn't know how to tell her that we haven't even kissed each other yet forget having thought of having kids.