TEN

VIRAJ'S POV

"Yes boss for sure!" I smiled and hung up the phone. Being the head of an entire department wasn't that easy. It was a very tedious job to handle.

I called in my secretary and told her all the work said by the boss for the coming meeting. She noted each and everything and went. Phew! I took a breath of relief and then switched over to the desktop to complete some left over work.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Yes come in." I asked the person to enter.

When she did, my eyes widened with surprise. The fuck?! Why is she here in my office now?

"Mira? You?" I said and stood on my place.

She walked in and passing me a smirk placed her bag on the seat. "You thought you can escape!"

I gulped seeing her. There was nervousness and fear building up inside. What is she doing now in my life? Just when the things were going so perfect, such a big trouble has landed in. She was wearing a purple dress and she looked quite good in that. I don't know why she was taking me back to the college days.

"Sit." I asked her to sit and held my hands together.

She took her seat and looked at me. "You have moved on?" She asked and took my hands in hers.

What the hell? Why was she touching me now? I took away my hands from hers and she looked at me with disbelief.

"Yes. I'm a married man now."

"I see. What's her name?"

"Kanan. You met her that day at that restaurant." I reminded her.

"I do", she smiled and then asked me for some water.

She took a sip and then looked at me. "We are business partners now."

"What?"

I was taken aback by her words. Here I was thinking about how big of a trouble this is going to be, she is saying she's here for a business venture with us. I asked her more about it and she told me that her dad's company is going to do a collab with ours and as she is also the head of the same department as I, she is going to work along with me for the project.

"For how many months?" I asked, my fingers lightly massaging my forehead.

She told me it was going to take almost four five months. The more she kept telling the details, the tension kept on increasing and then she held out the file for the project before me.

"Take a look yourself, V!"

As soon as she said "V", I looked in her eyes and they were sparkling as she forced a smile at me.

"You don't want me to call you by this name? Is it so now?"

"Yes. Do not call me with this name!" I said and flipped over the pages of the files taking in everything.

"Yeah okay! I got it." I stared at her. "Will see you at the next meeting then!" I stood up from my place.

She stood up and came towards me. "You are seeing me off?"

I nodded.

"But why V?" I glared at soon as she said this. "Viraj I mean... We have met after so long! I have to tell you some things and I wish you will listen to this." She held my arm.

Seeing her I was getting reminders of those days. "Mira, I don't want to talk to you about anything. Can't you understand I'm a married man!" I pushed her aside.