EIGHT

KANAN'S POV

Today was the first day of my work. There was a bit of nervousness as well as excitement. The office of the band was cute and small. As soon as I entered the room, everyone started to look at me. It was not a big place.

"Hi guys!" I passed a small smile to them.

There was this girl who was touching up her makeup, then there was another girl who stared at me from afar and there were two guys who were smiling at me. The boss was upstairs in his office.

"Hey sweetie shortie!" The short girl with pounds of makeup on her face came towards me. Who's she calling shortie? "Myself Chloe!"

"I am Kanan. I'd be working as..."

"The lyricist!" The other girl stood and came towards me. I smell dominance.

"Yea!" I smiled awkwardly.

"We are Ben and Max!" The two guys came towards me and Ben forwarded his hand towards me for a handshake. It felt a bit awkward and quick but I had to reciprocate it.

"Nice to meet you!" I smiled at them and shook hands.

It was all a new experience. I was so thrilled to work along!

"Myself Rhea!" The arrogant lady said. "I'm the chief of the band and they all take my orders!"

"Leader?"

She nodded. "Let me introduce you to the boss!" She said and I followed her.

The boss was warm hearted and compassionate about singing and rock. He seemed experienced in managing bands. He had control over such four bands. He had lots of hopes from me.

The desk was allotted to me and they all circled me except the chief.

Ben was the rapper, Chloe and Rhea were singers, Max was the guitarist and he'll also be writing lyrics with me.

Overall our little group was perfect. THE ROCK BABY!

Chloe got me tasty steamed buns from the nearby shop and we all also ate hot pot. Chloe had spent a large part of her life in Shanghai so she was obsessed with their culture a lot. I was Indian and they were all Americans and Rhea was German, explains her nature. This warm welcome seemed really welcoming.

(PS: no offense to Germans. I love them.)

"Let's all swear to make ROCK BABY the best!" Max yelled and we all cheered him.

"Guys, you all had a lot of fun, now please check on our first and major project!" Rhea intervened.

All of us sat surrounding her on the meeting chairs. She was a confident lady as she briefed us about our project which had to take place at a very famous hotel.

Soon the work was done and by five I was free. While going back home in a taxi, I felt so happy internally. Finally my wish to be a guitarist as a professional is going to be true. The team was so good to be with. It was such a happy place and the people were all so friendly. I couldn't thank Viraj enough for being an angel in disguise in my life.

I reached home.

Our new mansion.

A place where only I and Viraj existed.Not like I hated our perfect little family earlier but this was a bit more comfortable.

I looked at the clock, it was eight o' clock. He had still not come back home. I smiled seeing the clock and there was a plan in my mind.

The first thing I did was to take a refreshing bath with minty soap bubbles, the feeling of cool water against your skin, after a tiring day was such a bliss. I don't know how much time I spent in the shower. I came out and wore a beautiful dress. Time to surprise Viraj. I blushed as I gave myself a look in the mirror.