TWENTY FIVE

VIRAJ'S POV

I wasn't seeing a dream. She was alive, she was sleeping peacefully. The doctors had shifted her to a ward room from the ICU. Her operation had been a success. My heart caught a beat as I strode closer to her bed. I sat there on the stool beside her. My eyes went up and down her beautiful face now covered in bandages. She was still beautiful. My Kanan was beautiful. The most beautiful girl on the earth. My eyes were welled with tears as I gently caressed her face. Those big beautiful eyes were sleeping and her breath was normal.

My eyes fell upon her hands and I couldn't resist holding them. Her hands had turned pale but they were still my baby's hands. Those beautiful, loving hands with which she distributed love everywhere she went. Those hands with which she used to cook delicious food for me and mom. I gently touched them and my tear drops fell on her hands as I looked at the bandaids there too.

Her fingers slightly moved as I kept crying and sobbing there. I made sure I didn't make any noise to wake my baby up. As soon as I felt the movement of her hands, immediately I looked at her face. "Jaana... (Beloved)," words escaped my mouth as I noticed her eyes were opening.

The smile on my face kept growing as she woke up from the unconscious state she was in. "Viraj...", she whispered and I drew my face closer to her and planted a kiss on her forehead. My baby was awake. My heart was dancing with joy. Everything had turned beautiful.

I looked at her. She was smiling now. A drop of tear trickled down her eyes. "oh baby, no...", I nodded a no and then wiped off the tears. She kept on sobbing and so did I. The two of us just connected our eyes and watched how our tears fell together in a sync. Our hands were intertwined together. It was another of such moments when we had let our eyes do the talking. All our happy moments we had spent together kept going on through our heads and finally she broke into tears.

"Enough of these crocodile tears darling," I wiped them off and holding both of her hands sat on the other side of her bed.

"I am so sorry Viraj..." She said.

"Why are you saying sorry baby?" I cupped her cheeks. "I should be the one saying sorry my love. I should have waited for you. I should have went to search for you, my love. I was careless. How could I be so careless with the most precious thing in my life, you babe! Please forgive me. Please..."

She kept on crying and holding my hands. I kept my head in her hands and that's when she raised herself up and engulfed me in a hug. We continued hugging each other and crying till I realized she wasn't fully recovered yet.

"Kanan, baby you rest." I said and made her lay down again.

"It didn't ache." She replied. "Hugging you felt like medicine on my wounds."

"I love you honey!" I giggled and she smiled back.

"I love you more Mr. Shekhawat."

She looked so much more better. She was laughing like earlier. She was lively again and she looked more and more alluring. She had always been the angel like. She was especially sent by the Gods to me in the form of an angel. I drew my hand closer to her face and caressed her hair. She looked into my eyes as I slowly tucked them behind her ear.

"I knew I was not going to lose you." I said.

"I had to come back Viraj. Your force of attraction was stronger than anything. You were there in my mind throughout the time babe. When the fire started to spread, since that time, till the time they did the last grafting of mine. There was not one moment wen you didn't cross my mind babe. I knew I had to come back...."

I hugged her tightly. "We are going to be together forever my love. Nothing can come between us. I repeat nothing."

"Where is mom? Where are others?" She asked.