SEVENTEEN

KANAN'S POV

The thandai was really tasty. The sweet and spicy taste of it was still sticking to my tongue. I felt as if I wanted to drink more and more of it. Mira was magical, how can she prepare such a tasty dish. I never knew she was this good of a cook. I could see the dry roses stuck on the copper glass, I licked upper lips and swooned as I felt so happy. "How is it?" Mira's voice chirped in.

"Fantabulous!" I patted her and pushed her lightly. "It was so tongue licking tasty!" I blurped.

I felt as if I was in some clouds or something. Everything was rotating and dancing. The colours of Holi made me seem as if I was the cloud princess. The sky was colorful. Everything was slow and the people were all smiling slowly, they were happy and coloured. They looked like drunkards!

"Holi hai!!!" A group of children came towards me and drenched me with lots of coloured water. How terrible of them! How could they!

"Aye bacche... Tumhe chhorungi nahi mai!" (Hey kids, I won't spare you) I giggled and looked in their direction. I wanted to take revenge from them. I started to throw some water balls on them.

"These are bombs! Poor kids, you're dead!" I said.

Mira was standing there doing something with another glass of Thandai. "What are you doing?" I squeezed my eyes and caught her by her shoulders.

"A drink for you, see one more!" She forwarded me the glass. She was astonished as I caught her doing something wrong. I squeezed my eyes and looked at her. "Spiking?" I asked.

The color of her face drained away and she looked at me. "No, why would... Why would I?"

"Aww... You're so sweet!" I took the glass from her and kept it on the table beside me. "I trust you, witch!" She made a calm face now.

"Want gifts?" I asked her.

She raised her brows at me. "I didn't understand much."

"Kaise hi samjhogi? Buddhu?" (How will you understand? You're foolish) I held her by her waist and started to drag her along with me. "Kanan! What's wrong with you!" She yelled.

"Giftu!" I yelled as I banged her head on the plate which contained red colour.

I started to laugh as I saw her face. "You look like a devil!" I chuckled and kept on laughing at her.

"Well, I am one!" She smirked and pushing me went from there. She was wiping the colour off her face with a handkerchief. How can someone hate colour? It is so cute! I threw some colour on myself.

I fell down there on the floor. Oh my God! I fell down. What the heck? "Everyone look at me! I fell down! Hahahahaha!" I started to tell and catch everyone's attention.

Now there were people surrounding me who were laughing with me or at me? I was confused. "Stop! Stop! Stop everyone!" I shouted.

Everyone looked at me with full concentration. "Dhol bajana start Karo!" (Start beating the drums) I commanded the people standing there.

They immediately said what I did and now the crowd started to dance along with me. I felt so happy and joyous. Mira I will forever be grateful to you for this drink! It felt like heaven! The music, the bass, the vibes! All so great!

"Toh bolo shiv Shankar kaanta lage na kankar...." (Lyrics of a popular Hindi song) I started to jump around with lots of colour in my hand. I wanted to color each and everyone who came my way.

Whoever I saw I would smash some colour on their faces yelling, "Bura na maano Holi hai!" (Don't get sad, it's Holi)

"Beta, what are you doing here? Viraj is looking for you everywhere!" Mom held my hand and I looked at her smiling.