TWENTY

KANAN'S POV

"Out of a sudden this plan hmm?" I applied some perfume on myself and then fidgeted with my dress.

"Can't I take my wife on a dinner night hmm?" He came towards me.

I looked at the mirror reflection. Both of us were looking at the mirror at the same time, our eyes connected to each other. He gently caressed my hair and then tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and I smiled.

"It's a billion dollar smile you know..." He chuckled.

"You flatter me!"

"Because you're worth flattering my dear!" He caressed my shoulders lightly now.

I looked at his reflection again, he was so unreal. Beautiful and generous, I can't believe that it's been almost a year since we have been married. My life has been blessed by God since the time I tied the knot with him. I have been coloured by the colour of his love, it feels as if I don't have an identity of my own but only his wife...

He twirled me around and I smiled at him. "What?" He asked.

"I love you..."

"I love you too!" He giggled and gave me a peck on the cheeks.

"Why are you not wearing an Indian dress?" He asked.

"Shall I?"

"No this is also fine... But I got something for you!" He said and my eyes gleamed with excitement.

I could not hold my excitement as he went towards the bed, and took out a bag from his drawer. He had kept the gift in the drawer and silly me could not even see it. He came towards me and then handed me the package.

"Let me see what you got for me!" I bit my lip and opened the package I found "ornament made of roses to wear on my wrist". I was standing in an awe position. He was so romantic, I hadn't imagined this side of him.

"You liked it?" He quirked his brows at me.

"I love it!" I said and hugged him. Roses were my favourite and getting an ornament to wear in your wrist that too from your husband is a very big thing for me. He hardly has time for me these days but still such sweet acts of his make me so much happier.

"Roses are my favourite..." I said and he nodded.

"I knew..."

"How come? We never talked about our favourite things?"

"Someone as sweet, rosy and wonderful as you can love roses and nothing else!"

I blushed and then the two of us left for the restaurant where he had planned our dinner night. During the car journey, we talked a few times and most of the time we kept on playing music.

"Kasam hai tumhe tum
Agar mujhase ruthe
Kasam hai tumhe tum
Agar mujhase ruthe
Rahe saans jab tak
Ye bandhan na toote
Tumhen dil diya hai
Ye vaada kiya hai sanam main
Tumhaari rahungi sada
Ye raaten ye mausam nadi ka
Kinaara ye chanchal hawa"

I kept on looking at him the whole drive. The way he cared for me, the way he loved me, the affection he has for me, a smile crept on my face.

"What are you thinking?" He asked pulling the car into the parking area.

"Nothing!" I chuckled and got out of the car.

VIRAJ'S POV

I held her hand as the two of us entered the restaurant. It has been a long time since the two of us had come somewhere together, and that too, to such a place... Full of romance... There were lights all around the place and we sat towards the window side. I looked at her as she was busy looking at the gleaming glittering lights.